Barnard Waitlist 2027

I emailed the admissions office instead and got this in reply:

“Hello (Name),
Thank you for your email. We are unable to provide any updates at this point. When reviewing waitlisted candidates, we are need-aware to ensure that we can offer students who need aid the proper amount of aid. We do not reject all aid-seeking students, but it is something we do need to factor into the admission decision process. Please note that though there is no set date for the waitlist to close, all candidates on the list will be sent an update in July, if not notified earlier. Let us know if you have any further questions.”

So nothing they can say now, and they’ll send everyone an update in July or earlier. Not very reassuring but it’s something.

2 Likes

Seems like it lol, while they could be waiting for the finaid office to tell them how much aid is left and then picking out people slowly, this first wave has been all full-pay students, maybe cause it’s a quick yes/no, maybe not.

Hopefully they send out a handful more. I want to go so badly… one of my friends got off the WL and is declining her spot

1 Like

Has anyone who got off the waitlist had their portal update yet?

i havent yet

1 Like

I just checked and it updated

1 Like

My D got off the WL on Thursday. It’s been a tough process and my heart goes out to all of you. She did not request financial aid. For her LOCI, she submitted a 500 word update that described her latest activities and awards, along with why she’s a good fit for Barnard, as soon as she received her WL email. Then she submitted one short (200 words or less) update about a week later. She did not submit additional recs, mid-semester grades, videos, papers or anything else. I personally would caution anyone who did not get in from feeling that they should have submitted more at the LOCI stage. I think Barnard has the information they need and the post decision materials don’t have a huge impact on who they take off the WL. My two cents.

2 Likes

Folks who got off the waitlist, can you please share your stats? Just trying to see if my D is anywhere close.

does anyone know how it works when someone rejects their waitlist spot? one of my friends rejected her spot and im wondering if they fill the rejected spots in if there’s a handful that end up decline maybe there’s hope

yeah they fill it in. thats why theres waves of acceptances and why waitlists go on for so long. for instance, if they accept 50 people off of the waitlist on the first “wave” but like 10 decline, that means the next “wave” they will send out 10 more waitlists and if like 2 of those decline, then they’ll send out 2 more and so on until their class is filled (these are hypothetical numbers btw). ik some schools do that, and im almost 90% sure barnard does that too…??

1 Like

1460 SAT, 5 B’s on transcript, no financial aid. All I did was fill the waitlist prompt with an approximately 500 word LOCI.

3 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

No news this week?

I think that they may be done with the first wave. I still think some students who were admitted before Mar 30, may withdraw from Barnard this week because their waitlist from their dream schools came through. This means Barnard may reach out to additional waitlisted students later this week. I know my daughter withdrew from another school this week because Barnard came through.

1 Like

Looks like the WL moment has slowed down to a halt this week. Anyone knows when Barnard will release the next tranche?

1 Like

There may not be a “tranche”, but rather case-by-case outreaches, each time a regular admitted student (or someone who had been admitted off the waitlist) withdraws their enrollment/declines admittance.

they need to reject me already so I can stop holding out hope for them lol :sob:

Barnard putting you on waitlist shows that you are of ivy league caliber. No matter which school you go to, you will succeed and shine. Don’t let this get you down. School don’t decide your career, YOU do.

1 Like

Do you mind telling us what you wrote about on the LOCI?

Lol seeing this, I regret not shotgunning.

1 Like