Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Congrats! Hopefully it will update. Honestly, Baylor isn’t at the top of my daughter’s list any longer regardless, so it’s ok either way.

My daughter is EA as well - but we aren’t seeing anything in Bearweb yet. The only thing we notice different is her enrollment status was changed from unkown to full-time. Nothing, as far as I can tell, is under Award Offer or the payment schedule.

1 Like

If last year is any indication, the ED applicants were notified of merits awards a week or two before the EA applicants.

More impatiently waiting…

3 Likes

My daughter applied EA and no changes in the financial aid section yet. Will continue to wait.

We were told that merit based scholarships and I2E are stackable. WIll be attending I2E soon and hoping to get enough to make it affordable to attend.

2 Likes

We are also heading to I2E next week. We are trying to set up some class observations for Friday. Has anyone been successful in that?
In a slightly odd turn, I now will have my child and a classmate of his from his very, very small school. So coordinating for two teenage boys. Fun! :grimacing:

We are attending I2E next weekend too! We have not set anything up for Friday. We land @ DFW @ noon, so I was afraid to set something up for the afternoon in case flights were not on time. S23 is excited to go back to visit. He is from a small school as well.

Has anyone received a merit offer yet (not financial aid)? I’m checking Bear Web, and under “Award Offer,” it just lists the cost of attendance at $75k. :fearful:

1 Like

No. Nothing yet here. Upthread, I think Feb. 1st was the date reported for merit.

2 Likes

It turns out they do not let the high schoolers observe classes. :frowning:
I think they can schedule some meetings for us Friday, but I have been ill and have not dealt with it. We can get free lunch tickets for Friday apparently for the students (pay for parents.)
We arrive to DFW late Thursday (God willing) and have to drive down. Tickets Friday were twice as expensive. Here’s hoping for good weather!

2 Likes

Thank you. Good to know about the classes and lunch tickets.

We will drive straight from airport to campus. I am excited for S23 to go back. He is a little nervous, but overall super excited as this is first campus visit as an admitted student.

1 Like

Thanks! I read that someone who applied ED got a merit offer, so just wondering if any EA applicants have heard… will keep waiting! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I just checked Bearweb and D23’s (she was EA) merit is there. It’s lovely but not enough for us I think when compared to other offers.

1 Like

How do you get onto BearWeb? We only have the GoBaylor login. (S23 is accepted and on Financials Page it says Under Review or something by merit.

1 Like

I think we were sent an email to set it up because there was an issue with D23’s ID verification. The address is bearweb.baylor.edu but you’ll have to go through the steps for set up. The ID and pass are the same as for the portal I believe.

1 Like

Thanks for this update! I just checked and my D received hers too. Even w the merit, the cost of attendance likewise will be way too high for us. She had a chance to try for the I2E scholarship this past weekend, but with just one full scholarship up for grabs, she decided not to attend.

If you click on the “Financial Aid” tab (once logged into GoBaylor), there will be BearWeb info on the right side column.

I just went looking for it.

1 Like

My child, also EA, just got his merit posted too. It is SO far below offers from other schools that this takes Baylor off the list.

1 Like

Kind of in the same boat. Daughter who submitted an EA application got her merit offer today. Sadly, it’s well below TCU’s offer to her.

Isn’t Baylor’s tuition significantly lower than a lot of private peer schools?

I know it is lower than SMU and a little lower than TCU.

I have these rough numbers (2022-2023) for tuition & room/board & fees (I took out books, travel, etc):
SMU ~ 80k
TCU ~ 72k
Baylor ~ 68k

Am I missing something? Or do these numbers look right?