Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Did she get an email about the merit offer? Or did you find it elsewhere in the portal?

D23 offer was 20k a year. I feel like it is very nice but still comes out to 50k+ which makes it hard when some schools are nearly half that.

1 Like

Agreed it is still a lot @ 50k. We do not know yet what S23 merit offer will be. I wonder if they are waiting to notify until I2E results are released.

Did you check bearweb? It’s not in the portal yet.

Thank you! Just set BearWeb up.

The amount is lower than other school’s. However, I wonder if it will change after I2E? I hope so.

1 Like

Interesting - is it widely known this year that only one full scholarship was available through I2E? My perception last year was that only a single-digit number of Gettermans would be awarded (based on a comment from Fin Aid office), but that a somewhat higher number of full-tuition grants and even greater number of half-tuition grants would be awarded through I2E. I could be wrong though.

I also heard from a professor while there for I2E that they had increased the number of I2Es but decreased the amounts and changed how they are chosen.

Our D23 received $14k annually in merit aid. This amount compares to $16K annually in merit aid our D20 received three years ago. D23 had superior academic credentials but received less
hmmm. Not sure what Baylor is thinking

She was invited to one of the B2B events last Friday in Waco and attended from OOS.

The communication we got from the school made it appear that I2E is maxed at $22,000 this year.

Wow. If that was the case last year also, then D22 and I wasted our time in Waco at I2E. Thanks for the info.

Yes, that is the impression I got. Rather than a few very large awards, there were more in ranges. I did think maybe it can stack with the other merit award, but I am not sure. S23 has to set up the Duo authentication thing before we can even look at the first result.

I think your numbers on TCU/SMU/Baylor are pretty accurate.

We were very surprised that TCU offered over double what Baylor was offering. Just strange to see such variation. We went into this experience expecting to receive less from TCU.

She hasn’t received an email on merit yet, just checking through BearWeb.

This will sound stupid- we finally got into BearWeb and see the COA list (larger than I saw on their website) but there is nothing about merit aid. Our portal still says Under Review and he was RD. There is a button that says Submit, but we are afraid to click anything when we don’t understand the site.
I suspect that we are either in the wrong place or that his is really still under review. I may call tomorrow to see if we are in the right place online. Where did y’all see the awards exactly?

It sounds like you are in the right place - make sure you have 2023-2024 selected as the Academic Year. The merit will be located just below “Expected Enrollment Status” and “Housing” buttons, labled “Grants and Scholarships to Pay for College” - hers just appeared there today. That button was nonexistent until today - not sure if that helps?!

Thanks! It is helpful. We have no button like that.
I’ll check again in a few days.

1 Like

Strangely, the award offer we saw earlier today is no longer there. There was a tab that showed estimated cost of attendance, then the award at the very bottom. I no longer see any of this info in Bear Web?? Has this happened to anyone else?

I wonder if they start with a low merit number and then give more later? Like add it on after the I2E essays are read etc., or perhaps after some kids have withdrawn apps in late Feb./early March?

SMU did this with my S20. Started with an initial merit amount and then later in the process offered more without us asking.

Or maybe Baylor offers less because their COA is less
 not sure.

TCU and SMU have offered more so far for my S23. Surprised as well
 but we have not received official notification either. Just checked BearWeb earlier today.

Missing from my daughters bearweb as well. Much like Keyser Soze
poof, just like that, he’s gone.

Maybe we got an early sneak preview, but i suppose nothing is official until it finally loads to Go Baylor.

We’ll see

2 Likes

Just checked BearWeb
 S23’s is gone too!

Lol
 Keyser Soze :joy:

1 Like

I thought maybe s23’s might have appeared when y’alls disappeared, but no. Still just a list of very high cost of attendance with a “submit” button at the bottom that we are scared to click.
I need to submit the form that says we won’t be submitting the CSS since they look at bio-dad and that makes the CSS/need moot for us. Maybe they haven’t dealt with his since it says they are still waiting for CSS.
Is my S the only RD on this thread?

PS- I put a laughing face about Keyser Soze and then realized it might look like I was laughing at your child’s award disappearing, so I erased it. Your comparison did make me laugh!

2 Likes