Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Sure I will. D23 was offered 20K per year.She was not invited to I2E so her merit might be a little higher than everyone whose kids may be getting additional merit from I2E but for us, 55K total cost is just a little too expensive.

1 Like

S23 got 14K/yr. He was invited to I2E and we attended last weekend. He has not submitted his essay yet, but he will. We are hoping and were lead to believe that the amount will increase
 just don’t know how much.

1 Like

I feel your pain about the amounts.
I got the impression (only after S23 applied) that $20,000 or so was the highest merit given out anymore (not counting Getterman or I2E/Faculty). The I2E sounds like a long-shot to get even another $5-20,000. Something like 1000 or more students will be competing for a small number of those. I thought Faculty/I2E were stackable. It is just so unlikely to win the I2E at those odds.
S23 still has no merit listed, but he was RD, so he knows he was accepted etc. and attended I2E, but I think the merit aid people still have him on the RD timeline.
We had been hoping for the Getterman invite (didn’t happen), and so he applied. S23 and I both loved the school at I2E weekend, but I can’t see how it will end up affordable. S23 is still going to write the essay for the longshot extra money. I don’t think he knows how unlikely it is or how it still won’t add up to tuition even if he somehow gets the top amount of both kinds of merit.
PS- All my amounts are listed per year. Renewable.

2 Likes

D23 was offered 64,000 @ 8,000 per semester. Still waiting on other scholarships to be announced later in the spring.

2 Likes

I would encourage Baylor to improve their net price calculator. It’s very vague and didn’t give us an accurate number at all.

5 Likes

My child got $21 k/yr with stellar stats.

I agree that Baylor needs more transparency about merit aid on their website.

8 Likes

My daughter received 19K per year and went to I2E. Hoping to get more.

1 Like

Okay, so my daughter just checked and hers is different from the first time she saw it. The first time she only had the Baylor distinction award for 16k. Tonight she has the same + Baylor Need Based Grant almost $14 k + Work study $3,200 and then some loans. Out of pocket now states 45,182 not including work study or loans. Does anybody else have this?

2 Likes

This is becoming a lot more financially possible since she received a $40k → 10k per year merit scholarship last year and still applying for some other scholarships.

3 Likes

No, but that’s great! Congrats to your daughter.

Great news for your daughter! Congrats!

Thank you. Don’t lose hope, :crossed_fingers: more aid will be added for your kiddos. We certainly weren’t expecting what we got tonight (We don’t even know if the grant is only a one time or renewable). We are still also waiting on the Distinguished Scholar scholarship and hoping she gets an Honors scholarship. We will have to see how all of this plays out and compare it to her other university aid packages. Best of luck to all of you!!

2 Likes

is need based aid out for EA students because only our merit aid of 25k per year is showing on the Bearweb portal?

1 Like

The need based grant is based on your financial situation/FASFA info. You have to requalify for this each year. The work study is what your daughter could potentially earn from working on campus.

Congrats to your daughter. My S22 is loving Baylor.

1 Like

Our D23 now has a similar offer:

$19k Distinction plus almost $16k in a need-based grant (no other school offered us a dime in financial aid and we weren’t expecting much considering Baylor uses the CSS profile which considers home value, and home skyrocketed in value over the last few years).

We are also still hoping for Distinguished, the Baptist Heritage Scholarship ($3k renewable for kids who are involved in a Baptist church), and the Sibling scholarship (her sister is a Baylor sophomore). An Honors scholarship would be icing on the cake.

All things considered - Baylor just became the least expensive school on her list. Even cheaper than TAMU.

And she wasn’t invited to I2E.

From our other daughters experience - freshman year is the most $$. Dorm housing is pricey - and Waco housing off-campus is much more affordable. She also made great grades her freshman year, got involved in a great local church in Waco, and then received even more $$ last year in scholarships from Baylor (many of the Baylor scholarships for non-freshman want to know about church involvement).

We are thrilled that Baylor came through for us and that our 2nd daughter will also be joining her.

-From a 3rd generation Longhorn

4 Likes

My daughter did apply EA. I think I read that financial aid should populate on Bearweb by February 1st, so still a couple of days left. Good luck!!

Congratulations to you & your family. It’s awesome that Baylor pulled through for you all financially. We really were shocked to see grant money for the same reasons you mentioned. For us, Baylor is still a bit over our budget since we are paying 25k for our oldest daughter. UT & Baylor are my D23 top 2 choices. We are still waiting on UT for admission to her major/honors. At this point, Baylor is still about 12k/year more expensive than UT, so we are really praying Baylor will be a bit more generous so we can keep Baylor a viable option. The next month or so will be very stressful as we wait for UT decisions & additional scholarship awards from both universities. Best of luck for everyone.

I know I’m getting a little bit ahead of myself here, but does anyone have info on dorms? My D23 is interested in Honors dorms (Memorial). I know it will be closed next year for renovations and relocating to Texana. Trying to think ahead and be ready with options. All information and opinions on those 2 dorms as well as others is appreciated.

Did you go for the tour of Texana at I2E? We toured University House and S23 was happy with it, but we did not see in Texana.

MyD23 was only invited to Distinguished Scholars, not I2E. During Distinguished, they just gave us a tour of the dorms from the outside. Do you know if we can schedule dorm tours? What did ur S23 like about University House?