Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Do you know how I can get an invite to Distinguished Scholars and The Invitation to Excellence? Was there a separate application? From what I have read my SAT score (1470) and GPA (4.0) qualifies me. I applied on October 6 so maybe I just need to be patient? Just wondering if I missed a step. Thanks.

1 Like

https://admissions.web.baylor.edu/costs-aid/freshman-scholarship-programs

1 Like

It is my understanding these are rolling events. Meaning they will have them throughout the year. This would be a good oppurtunity for you to reach out to your admissionā€™s counselor and ask them. Also, check your Connect & Visit tab in your GoBaylor account. Scroll down to Scholarship Programs. That is where my daughter found her invitation. Good luck to you! With scores like yours you should get an invite for The Invitation to Excellence!

1 Like

My daughter was accepted today! This was a wonderful surprise as we didnā€™t know Baylor does rolling admissions. We didnā€™t receive any merit info, just see that merit scholarship is ā€œunder reviewā€. Does anyone know when merit info may come out? Thanks!

5 Likes

So, daughter applied Early Action and she received her acceptance tonight! We are shocked to hear so soon!

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! My daughter received her acceptance this evening as well! Iā€™m not sure about the merit scholarships, though! Iā€™m interested in knowing as well.

4 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter too! Hope to find out more info soon about scholarships!

1 Like

Congratulations!! When did your child apply? My daughter applied EA on 8/5. Sheā€™s not home for me to ask her if sheā€™s heard.

My daughter applied EA at the end of August. Good luck to your daughter - hope she hears good news very soon!

5 Likes

My daughter received her acceptance this evening as well. Applied Early Action in September.

4 Likes

My daughter was accepted as well! She applied EA in early September. It says merit info by Februaryā€¦thatā€™s a long time to wait!

3 Likes

Daughter also got her acceptance around 7:30 last night. Now we wait for meritā€¦

4 Likes

My son also heard from Baylor last night and got admitted. He applied EA too. His portal also says merit aid is under review and will hear by Feb 1.

4 Likes

Daughter got her acceptance last night, Early Action, Merit under review

3 Likes

I read last years thread. It seemed that every Friday night around 7:15/7:30pm CT was when a batch of decisions were released. That definitely seemed to be the case yesterday. Is that what we are to expect this year? A batch every Friday up until Jan. 15?

1 Like

and BTW Congrats on all the acceptances!!!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the CSS is required for merit? We completed the FAFSA, but knowing we wonā€™t qualify for any aid, we didnā€™t complete the CSS, more because weā€™ve heard how much of a pain it is to complete. Thanks for any advice!

No. Iā€™ve heard FAFSA at a few schools. Never css.

1 Like

@jychi

I believe Santa Clara University still requires the FAFSA and Profile for all types of aid (merit and need based) at least for incoming freshmen.

I believe Boston University does also for some of their merit awards.

Best to check each of your colleges to know for sure what they require. There are many that do not require any financial aid forms for merit aid considerationā€¦but you want to know for sure what your colleges require.

@Mwfan1921

1 Like

@jychi this thread is asking about Baylor. Is that the college you are inquiring about? If not, you might want to creat your own thread about the need for completing financial aid forms for merit aid consideration.

If Baylor, this is on their website but I would check to make sure of what you need to do.

OPTION 1: MERIT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS

Your comprehensive academic record and a full review of your completed Baylor application file determine your eligibility for a Baylor merit-based scholarship. No additional application is required. All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships when they apply, including students who apply as test optional.