Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Yes, I’m asking about Baylor, sorry, I should have clarified - they mention completing a CSS profile on their admissions site. I’m wondering if it’s required for merit or just for need-based aid. I can try to contact the admissions office to confirm. Thanks!

It’s not clear to me if Baylor requires CSS for merit or not. This page refers to CSS profile:

Scholarships awarded by the university are distributed based on: estimated financial contribution as determined by the CSS Profile, the student’s enrollment status (full time, part time, etc.) and/or merit qualifications.

https://www.baylor.edu/sfs/index.php?id=963390

It’s easy to contact FA at Baylor and ask to make sure: One Stop Student Financial Services | Baylor University

Agree best to check each school’s website for specifics and if things aren’t crystal clear, contact FA and/or admissions and ask. Santa Clara requires both CSS and FAFSA for Johnson Scholars. BU ‘recommends’ CSS and FAFSA for certain scholarships. It would be so nice if there were one source with all this info!

3 Likes

Thank you all! I will try to find out next week.

1 Like

Merit scholarship info should go out on or before February 1 for EA acceptances.

1 Like

For those that have been accepted, are you paying your enrollment fee now or are you waiting for your merit offers first? Does that make sense? Merit is considered financial aid, no? Their Enrollment Deposit page says this:

“Students seeking financial aid should wait until they receive their financial aid award before submitting a deposit.”

We are probably overthinking this!

I thought paying the enrollment indicates acceptance? We are waiting until we get the financial package… also still waiting on other schools.

2 Likes

Yes, this is what we’re doing as well.

2 Likes

We’re not paying the deposit until we see merit. From Baylor’s website:

“Freshmen: The enrollment deposit is non-refundable for prospective freshmen. Students seeking financial aid should wait until they receive their financial aid award before submitting a deposit. Deposits are not transferable to future semesters.”

4 Likes

Congrats on all the acceptances! Was anyone accepted to the College of Arts and Sciences?

Yes, my daughter was accepted to this college. She’s majoring in statistical science.

1 Like

Applied last week… and received an invitation to Distinguished Scholars right after- which was a nice, quick surprise.

Are acceptances emailed, or do they only go out in the Portal?

Thanks!

Thank you @IrishTex - that’s exactly what I was thinking, but just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

1 Like

I beleive you’ll receive an email first - to check your portal. Then, they will also send a letter. Congrats on your invite!

1 Like

My son was accepted last night so I am thinking they may be doing Friday night batches released as someone stated they did last year. He received an email Friday night sent at 7:25pm that said there was an “update” to his account and to log in.

9 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Daughter’s actual acceptance letter arrived in the mail today.

Still no mention of merit, although it was not yet expected.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to track, but my kid got accepted today. :bear:

7 Likes

Congrats!!! So exciting!!!

May I ask where on the portal you found the decision?

Hello. Right when you log into the portal, there is a new image of the football stadium with fireworks and a You’re Accepted. Right underneath the image is " Congratulations on your acceptance to Baylor! We hope this is a bright piece of news for you this week."

2 Likes

Ok great to know. We don’t have that yet. Maybe next week. Thank you!

3 Likes