Beautiful Animation of Gorgas Library Addition and Renovation, and new Shelby Quad

<p><a href=“Library Addition - YouTube”>Library Addition - YouTube</a> I was searching for clips on Alabama tonight at youtube, and came across this gem. Someone has created an animated image of the upcoming library expansion. I don’t know if this is the official design, but I think it looks really good. I was wondering how they would make it fit with the new campus design specs, given the height of the backside undergoing renovation. Anyone know more about this? We have been hearing about this project since 2010, but I haven’t seen any dates set for the project to begin. Maybe since there are a lot of parking spaces currently behind Gorgas, they want to build that new parking deck along Bryant Drive first, to avoid a parking crunch. Feeno, if you see this, tell us if this is indeed the official design. </p>

<p>The person who posted this to youtube also has another great animation of the new Shelby Quad. <a href=“Lumion 3D Campus Animation - YouTube”>Lumion 3D Campus Animation - YouTube</a> </p>

<p>He also has an animation showing what the original Rotunda, burned down during the end of the Civil War, looked like. <a href=“University of Alabama Rotunda - 1860 - YouTube”>University of Alabama Rotunda - 1860 - YouTube</a> </p>

<p>Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.</p>

<p>Thank you for posting these videos. They are fantastic!</p>

<p>I received a response from the creator of the animated videos, and he said that UA still plans to renovate and expand the Gorgas Main library, however, it is being delayed for an indefinite period. I imagine UA wants to build that South parking deck before they get rid of so many parking spaces in the area north of Gorgas and south of Clark Hall. </p>