New Campus Construction Update

<p>[University</a> of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum](<a href=“University of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum”>University of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum)</p>

<p>great set of new pics</p>

<p>The new construction going up around the UA campus is tremendous. Dorms, engineering buildings etc going up around campus everywhere. Hopefully all this new construction will ease the housing crunch.</p>

<p>Thanks for the new pics!!! Do you know when they were taken? </p>

<p>I wish the SEC’s fountain was done because I have relatives coming into town and I wish they could see the completed SEC quad area.</p>

<p>Is the SEC now called the SERC (science, engineering & research complex)? I’m seeing that from time to time.</p>

<p>The fountain area looked complete but the sides leading up to the fountain were not.</p>

<p>Does anyone have a rendering of what ten Hoor is going to look like?</p>

<p>Atlanta, thanks for the photo updates. The buildings are gorgeous. My D’s friends are jealous when they see how beautiful the buildings and classrooms look compared to their school’s campus.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum](<a href=“University of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum”>University of Alabama updates - Page 14 - SkyscraperPage Forum)</p>

<p>I love the “Greek Revival” or neo-classical design in the rendering. And there is a pic of the Science and Engineering or Shelby Quad, with the fencing now removed but construction of the water fountain still ongoing.</p>

<p>Thanks, Atlanta68 for sharing the forum pictures. Very interesting! :)</p>

<p>"Is the SEC now called the SERC (science, engineering & research complex)? I’m seeing that from time to time. "</p>

<p>M2CK - Doesn’t SERC refer to SOUTH Engineering Research Center and NERC NORTH Engineering Research Center? When we toured over spring break, the SERC was in use, but the NERC was still under construction.</p>

<p>We went by the fountain yesterday, and it looked like they just needed to finish laying some pavers and finish the landscaping to be complete. They were hard at it and I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t finished by the time classes start.</p>

<p>beady…you’re probably right! </p>

<p>What is that building that’s going in the west of the Col of Nursing?</p>

<p>A new building for the UA system administration.</p>

<p>From the new rendering in the link, it looks like the addition will be the new grand entrance to the student center.</p>

<p>The Fountain in front of Shelby Hall is finished! Looks gorgeous.</p>

<p>Thanks for the update, Atlanta.</p>

<p>I was on campus yesterday and the workers were finishing the landscaping all around the fountain, NERC and SERC areas. There were folks everywhere working on final touches.</p>

<p>Guess they wanted it complete for Day 1.</p>

<p>Looks good!</p>

<p>is there a place where I can buy good digital images of Bama bldgs, stadium, etc?</p>

<p>Todd Media, look him up on Facebook.</p>

<p>^^^
Thanks!!!</p>