Bennington College - Class of 2020

Hey Splitter,

I know how you feel at the moment. I was wait-listed too. Let’s hope for the best.

Got accepted under the Psychology programme and awarded the Brockway Scholarship!
My heart is out for everyone else here, accepted or not. Best of luck with all the colleges you guys applied to :smiley:

Congratulations Hanayooo!!!

Congrats, Hanayooo! That’s great!
Daughter (URM) and friend both wait listed. We live in upstate New York, so it’s not just internationals who are wait listed. It’s OK, lots of good schools out there. You’ll all find your place. Best wishes to you!

Did you make it??? :smiley:

Daughter was waitlisted. Don’t know how to answer waitlist request for “first choice” or “still considering”. Some of that decision depends on financial aid. Do they accept “first choice” before others?

Even tough answering wait-list request as “first choice” would benefit you, that would be ethically and morally so wrong if Bennington is not your first choice.

This seems like a tough year, with lots of good applicants and many wait-listed! My D has 4 waitlists so far.

Luckily she applied EA and was accepted to Bennington, one of her top choices. I love the school BUT I must say that I still go back and forth on Bennington because it is SO small (and expensive). I also am concerned about the Field Work Terms which, although a great way to get experience, can also add quite a lot to the already substantial cost of a Bennington education. Looking forward to accepted students’ day to find out more!

Any experience or thoughts out there on how realistic is it to graduate in 4 years? Do people get heartily sick of seeing the same old people or is it a positive and tightly-knit community? Is the (fairly) new president taking the school in a good direction? Any thoughts/comments welcome!!

Really disappointing financial aid. Not even close to meeting full need.

Did anybody get their waitlist decision?