Berkeley vs. UCLA - Math Major

As I wrote:
“Unit 1, 2 or 3 are right in the thick of things which seems great and I like that they’re above Telegraph. I’ve seen Blackwell and get the appeal of being near the RSF, but I wouldn’t want to be that close to Telegraph (but that is me saying that as an adult).”

So that relevance is only to me, as I said. Living here and spending a lot of time in the area, right below Telegraph is just a little bit grittier to me than a little bit higher up, but People’s Park is closer to Unit 1 & 2 and that can be pretty gritty, so like I said, that’s just me and would be my boring adult preference. I can see each and every UC dorm at Cal being appealing in one way another to an 18 year old and that’s who counts :smiley:

And as far as gritty goes, honestly that Berkeley grit is pretty darn cool and I think there’s a LOT to be said about young adults being able to navigate in an urban city with all it’s beauty and warts. I’m super happy to have raised kids around here who aren’t afraid of a little grit. I’m not afraid of it, I’m just boring now ; )

But back to OP, can’t wait to hear where your girl lands. Does she have any gut feel at all?

UCB off campus housing does include the low cost BSC co-op houses. Waiting lists can be long, so apply now if interested in living there the year after this coming school year.