Best housing for academics?

So I guess I’m going to the University of Alabama, and I just submitted my honors college application, so hopefully I can get in still, but I’m wondering which residence hall is nicest? I have no interest in partying or drinking or anything like that or Greek stuff, and I like privacy, but at the same time I want to make friends. I’m guessing the honors housing is the best for this, but if for some reason I can’t get into honors housing, what would fit my bill?

Depends on what you are doing… (please note that I am a prospective student as well so I’m not 100% sure on my answer, it’s just based on what I’ve heard around here).
If you can get into Honors (which you should probably be able to get into, you might end up in overflow housing though), Ridgecrest South is probably the “most social” Honors dorm because it has the most stuff going on within the building. There is some Honors overflow in Presidential, I believe? which should still be pretty focused on academics. I think Paty Hall has a floor or so of just guys in engineering. Check out the UA housing page and it should let you know about LLC’s which are more “focused” housing (e.g engineering students, business students, etc). Also you could apply for the Mallet assembly which seems to be focused pretty hard on academics, but I think it is tough to get in. Definitely spend a lot of time on the UA housing page and that should show you your options a little bit more.

Every dorm except Paty

Parties don’t really go on too much in the Suite Style dorms, if they start they get broken up pretty darn quick. The police don’t mess around with them. They do turn a blind eye to the non-Super Suites though. Stick with a Ridgecrest, Presidential, Riverside or Lakeside and your in good shape.