Best place for non-Greek male Engineering student to meet women at UA?

<p>I’ll be attending UA in the fall as an Engineering student so going Greek is not really an option, nor am I really interested. I’m a party animal so I should do just find. I know UA students who complain about not being seen as “cool” just because they are not in a fraternity. That meeting girls is harder at UA because its TOO Greek. But, the people who complain about these things went to college for the wrong reasons obviously. My cousin was in a sorority at UA and her boyfriend was independent so UA is no different from anywhere else. As long as you are desirable you will find your way. Some guys are just to focused on what somebody else is doing.</p>

<p>I was reading a post from another site concerning meeting girls on a Greek dominated southern school and basically the poster broke it down as willing your way through it. “The guys in the top tier frats get some pretty good looking girls JUST because they are in one, but as long as you have game(doing well for yourself) and to party your behind off, you should be fine” He also said to mislead the frats like your going to pledge to them just to get into their parties them dip on them during rush. I did that at the campus I transferred from, but I won’t do that at UA though lol. I’m guessing if I follow these guidelines I should be fine.</p>

<p>What are the best spots in T-Town? I’m very into and experienced at partying and clubbing though so I hope me deciding to be independent doesn’t hinder that part of my experience at least.</p>

<p>This post would probably be better suited for Facebook, and answered by peers. I know there are a few students who read/post here, but the majority of us are parents. I for one am not going to touch on the things you say with a barge pole…You have a unique perspective, and good luck to you sir.</p>

<p>Best place in t-town to get lubed:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1475069-outstanding-auto-lube-experience.html?highlight=lube[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/1475069-outstanding-auto-lube-experience.html?highlight=lube&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>^ LOL! I was going to suggest that since he is so experience in partying, and all girls look great with that right amount of partying, that he is golden - but I like your suggestion much better!</p>

<p>If only…</p>

<p>Word of advice that I give my girls and freely offer to their friends:
Go for the guy that is too afraid to talk to the girls. The smart guy that is too shy.
That is the one that is going to put you on a pedestal and treat you like a queen.
He won’t cheat on you or mistreat you. He is going to worship the ground you walk on. He will encourage you in your endeavors and won’t be the party animal always on the prowl.<br>
As a bonus, he will have the smarts to always have a good paying job to support his family. :)</p>

<p>Ok…I’ll bite.</p>

<p>the best places to meet girls at Bama (without being Greek):</p>

<p>Various clubs at Bama, including the engineering clubs, </p>

<p>community service projects </p>

<p>Alabama Action</p>

<p>Outdoor Action</p>

<p>joining the College of Engineering’s COE does ART (comedy musicals that eng’g students participate in…but nonEng’g students are also welcome)</p>

<p>Around your dorm</p>

<p>At a part-time job</p>

<p>On the Strip, Downtown, or Midtown Village</p>

<p>At your church’s student center</p>

<p>Oh, I can tell this is gonna be a fun one ;)</p>

<p>Various clubs at Bama, including the engineering clubs - But, do they really know how to party?</p>

<p>community service projects - that is work</p>

<p>Alabama Action - again, involves work not partying </p>

<p>Outdoor Action - what is up with all this work? </p>

<p>joining the College of Engineering’s COE does ART (comedy musicals that eng’g students participate in…but nonEng’g students are also welcome)
Is there drinking involved at these events? A good game of quarters? </p>

<p>Around your dorm - Gettin better </p>

<p>At a part-time job - there you go with that work thing again. He said he wants to party, not work. </p>

<p>On the Strip, Downtown, or Midtown Village - did someone say “strip”. May be getting closer to the party scene </p>

<p>At your church’s student center - Depends on the church denomination if they can really party.</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Best laugh of the day, TXArchitect.</p>

<p>Your English class might be a good place to start. :)</p>

<p>Maybe you can try ■■■■■■■■ for chicks at the Tuscaloosa Museum of Art?</p>

<p>[Steve</a> Martin: Wild & Crazy Guys - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>Auburn. Tell 'em A.J. sent you. ;)</p>

<p>*Oh, I can tell this is gonna be a fun one </p>

<p>Various clubs at Bama, including the engineering clubs - But, do they really know how to party?</p>

<p>community service projects - that is work</p>

<p>Alabama Action - again, involves work not partying </p>

<p>Outdoor Action - what is up with all this work? </p>

<p>joining the College of Engineering’s COE does ART (comedy musicals that eng’g students participate in…but nonEng’g students are also welcome)
Is there drinking involved at these events? A good game of quarters? </p>

<p>Around your dorm - Gettin better </p>

<p>At a part-time job - there you go with that work thing again. He said he wants to party, not work. </p>

<p>*
lol…hey, work first, party later. My older son will tell you that the absolute best time/parties he had were when he was doing a REU during the summer (at another university). They would work hard all day, and party all night.
*</p>

<p>=============</p>

<p>On the Strip, Downtown, or Midtown Village - did someone say “strip”. May be getting closer to the party scene </p>

<p>*</p>

<p>As if the boys aren’t already drooling when they see Bama girls.</p>

<h1>*</h1>

<p>At your church’s student center - Depends on the church denomination if they can really party.*</p>

<p>Ok…I forget sometimes. I’m Catholic so we party about everything. However, in the south, sometimes that’s a big no no. I still remember our builder telling us that a certain closet is for the wet bar so that you can close it when the preacher stops by.</p>

<p>Am I the only one thinking this is the best thread ever?</p>

<p>^ Yes, you are. :)</p>

<p>^ Watch it, or I will ask Mike to give you a taste of her razor sharp wit and then beg TxNCM to hit another home run on ya. Don’t worry. After, TXArchitect will direct you to a soothing lube experience and then you may finish out your day in Mom’s closet… :p</p>

<p>OMG!!!</p>

<p>Was gonna try and help the poor boy out and looked up “best place to meet girls in Tuscaloosa”. DON’T!!! </p>

<p>Ya know, if he is so advanced at the party scene he does not need our help. Chicks should be dropping at his feet begging for him to pay attention to them. If that fails, maybe follow malani’s advice.</p>

<p>TxNewCollegeMom’s advice for girls works similarly for guys, provided that the person asking the quiet person out isn’t acting creepy.</p>

<p>My suggestion? Find activities you like that are typically enjoyed by women. Working at one of these stores, also works. I’ve met plenty of women who would be overjoyed to date a cute straight guy who works at Charming Charlie or a similar store.</p>

<p>Stay in shape. This does not mean look like you live in the gym, but at least take care of your body. Wear clean, well-fitting clothes and be kind to everyone.</p>

<p>Having a lot of gay and lesbian friends can also be a way to meet some great women who are interested in guys.</p>

<p>Hey,
I’m devastatingly handsome, have never EVER been accused of being shy or quiet, provide very well for my family ( I’m sending one of my sons to Bama right lol) and yet I put my wife on a pedestal where she belongs everyday. Us big, loud, non shy guys are great too ya know. The trick to having a good game is to know when you’ve won and quit while your way ahead ( finding a great wife like I did).</p>

<p>This thread is hilarious. You guys crack me up. I like the earlier comments about going for the shy, quiet one because that fits our S to a “T”. Good to hear the mother of a D is giving solid advice… :)</p>

<p>Shy, quiet and ( for my DD) Tall.</p>

<p>Or loud, funny, exuberant and Tall.</p>

<p>Either works.</p>