Best place for non-Greek male Engineering student to meet women at UA?

<p>Mike’ suggestion about English class was hilarious. I also wonder why the op thinks “partying my butt off” is something to be proud of… Scary!</p>

<p>NYBama, no need to worry. We can give our kiddos all the advice we want but do they actually follow it… Pretty sure the OP has not followed moms advice. Don’t do anything that would embarass your mom or grandmother if they saw pictures of you. </p>

<p>I’m far from shy and quiet myself…go figure. Why I needed the more shy and quiet guy to balance out the relationship. </p>

<p>Other humorous tidbits of motherly advice I’ve been known to tell my D’s:

1. Forget the guy that uses more hair products than you do. I went for the bald guy :slight_smile:
  2. Forget the guy that takes longer than you to get ready.
  3. If he treats his mom like crap, RUN!
  4. Hang back and observe before jumping in. See how others act around him.<br>
  5. What does the ex-gf have to say about the guy?
  6. He better LOVE cars or he will not fit in with this family. :slight_smile:
  7. Cameras are E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E
  8. Being on girls gone wild is NOT an accomplishment!</p>

<p>TXArchitect, have I got a guy for your DD…</p>

<p>DS is somewhat shy with the ladies, but kind with a great smile. Loud and exuberant when it comes to sports. Straight A honors engineering student, but not a nerd. Did I mention he’s 6’ 5" ?</p>

<p>Finally a FUN thread to read - especially compared to that “other one” this week. </p>

<p>There were so many great posts on this thread (the LOL kind) which again begs the question for the CC forum: “Hey College Confidential! Can we have a LIKE button?!”</p>

<p>Found some pick up lines for our friend to use:
<a href=“http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/cheesy.htm[/url]”>http://www.pickuplinesgalore.com/cheesy.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Also printed these off and handed them to my D’s and their friends.
Warned them to stay away from any guy that uses these :wink:
Some are just plan B-A-D!</p>

<p>Yes, a LIKE button would be nice for this thread.</p>

<p>This thread went in a totally different direction than I thought it would - I love it! This board is the best. :)</p>

<p>No one really knew what direction it would take…most of us on here are just hoping that our male engineering students learn to talk to women…let alone actualy meet one :)</p>

<p>My DS is quiet, smart, handsome, athletic and 6’4". Some of you nice folks have met him and his fiercely protective mother at Honors BamaBound#1. If my DS ever saw this post he’d think I was was trying to pawn him off. Lol. We want him to meet a sweet, personable southern girl. Now I sound like I’m trying to marry him off.</p>

<p>Many times I’ve wondered if there would be a CC romance. Everything would be roses until one parent posts on “Say it here because you can’t say it anywhere else…”</p>

<p>Who needs eHarmony when you have CC ;)</p>

<p>Sounds like we may get some of them married off on CC. Wonder if any of them will actually MEET each other? LOL</p>

<p>We need to arrange a CC mixer for all of them. We pick a time and place and then ask them if they are going to some event we heard that suzie/bobby is going to. We don’t have to be there but arrange for everything to be set up and ready.</p>

<p>This can happen! ;-)</p>

<p>This is hilarious. Kinda feel sorry for the op.</p>

<p>He’d be out and unable to attend anyway…</p>

<p>Way too much partying going on at the “strip” for op to attend.</p>

<p>Chardo, NYBama, my DD is a brunette, trim, 5’10", smart National Merit Southern girl and is currently unattached and looking for a smart guy. :slight_smile: DH and I met on a blind date arranged by our respective grandparents who were best friends.</p>

<p>Well, my D has perked her ears up when I told her what NRDSON drives. She was like, “where did you say he parks?” LOL!!!</p>

<p>TXA, find a place within walking distance of all the residence halls and a good time.</p>

<p>Hmmm Missread, DS is 6’, trim, light brown hair, smart National Merit Southern guy and is currently unattached. He’s been in the research lab all summer, so I doubt he is looking at the moment but “finding” wouldn’t be such a bad thing…</p>

<p>Um, Missread, I think I already called your D for my son…</p>

<p>Looking forward to the vanilla vodka cocktails at the after-wedding brunch</p>