BFA at Molloy College/CAP 21

I think they notified Yes/No/WL on 3/1 last year so hopefully you’ll have information soon. My kiddo found out about the program late and did a walk-in audition for them at unifieds. He quickly fell in love, and is now a junior in the program.

1 Like

Mine is also awaiting a decision. Is the info session open to all, and if so, any idea where we can find a link?

2 Likes

I sent you a PM with the link to sign up!

Hello @starbuck71 ! Back when my D was in the audition season she also did not find out about Molloy until very late in the process, and it too quickly rose to one of her top choices! She is now a junior with @speezagmom 's S. :slight_smile: Anyway, crossing fingers for you and your D! Keep us posted!

1 Like

@EitherActingOrMT - crossing fingers for you too! :smiley:

1 Like

For those of you who have been through this before, so you remember timing on notification? Was it a phone call or email. Really keeping our fingers crossed for this one - she LOVES this program! We are planning a trip to NY (from NM) the third week of March and we’re really hoping she’s heard by then so we know if it’s worth adding Molloy to the schools we try to visit.

3 Likes

In the info session the other night they said it usually goes out March 1, but it will not this year. They are finishing auditions this weekend and have answers hopefully the week of March 7-15. They did not say HOW they reply.

3 Likes

Thank you! Waiting is tough!

1 Like

Don’t remember exactly when last yr but it was definitely email. In real time it was stressful, looking back it was funny. She got this email congratulating her for being put on their “priority waitlist”. I had to check with others to see if that was really a thing. About a week later, maybe 10 days, she received an acceptance package with a nice scholarship. We didn’t know if this was real because of the waitlist (although she did tell Rebecca she was appreciative and very interested even though she had some other strong offers). She emailed Rebecca to ask her if it was real and was over the moon with the response.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks again for the link to the info session! My D attended yesterday and is even more excited about the program now! Let the waiting continue …

2 Likes

Last year we got the email March 2, if that helps. BAL to all.

1 Like

Glad she got to go! My D is also very excited/anxious about hearing about this one now. Fingers crossed for them both!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there will be other info sessions? My son has not received anything about info sessions.

Hi! Click this link and then in the calendar, click over to March. Looks like there are 2 more sessions. My D really enjoyed attending and learned a ton! Molloy University - Molloy/CAP21: Face-To-Face With The Faculty

4 Likes

Awesome!!! Thank you very much!!

Anyone else get another invite for info session today?

Yes. I’m thinking it went out to all the applicants. Looks like the final 2 info session and then hopefully decisions?!? Getting more anxious with everyday that passes :wink:

3 Likes

Good luck, everyone! Fingers crossed for all of you. 3 years ago (can it really be 3 years ago???) they were still notifying by mail. People received their notification at different times due to mail service. You could see the acceptances rolling from the east coast to the west. My kiddo received his acceptance as a large envelope in the mail on March 8th…and he wasn’t home…and everything was in a folder so there was no cheating and trying to preview. So glad they went to email so you’ll all get notice at the same or similar times!

2 Likes

Wow - I thought refreshing emails was tough, I can’t imagine having to check the literal mailbox for a decision!

2 Likes

My son attended last nights info session and Rebecca said there was one last session tomorrow at 4 then they would start making decisions and letting people know next week. She did not seem to have said a specific day, just next week.

3 Likes