Binge watched tv shows

I’m a Bosch fan too and was anxiously awaiting Season 4, which is now available. I have one problem with the TV series. I’ve read all of Michael Connelly’s Bosch books–the tv series is based on several of books. While the actor who plays Bosch (Titus Welliver) does a great job capturing Bosch’s demons/dark side, physically Welliver is not how I pictured Bosch. I saw him as a big, muscular guy, which the opposite of the actor. Since Michael Connelly is the Executive Producer of Bosch, I’m assuming he’s OK with the casting.

@amylou2 We get confused about the Yevgeny/Oleg characters that Costa Ronin plays. Mostly we expected him to be nicer in Homeland because of his Americans character. I’m guessing there is a shortage of good actors who speak Russian like a native.

@eyemamom We watched The Travelers and liked it.

We are watching Troy now along with new episodes of various shows as they come out. There are several I want to binge on when DH has a business trip. He’s gotten tired of SF and some of the darker shows. So, I’m waiting to binge on Dark Matter, The Expanse, Altered Carbon, and Black Mirror.

@Bromfield2 , we too really enjoyed “The Killing”. Have you watched “The Fall”? It is very good as well, a detective story.

^another fan of The Fall, which I discovered here :slight_smile:

I haven’t read the Connelly books - so I think Titus Welliver is perfect as Bosch. DH has read them all and is a little bothered by how many things they change in the plot. The good thing is that he doesn’t know what is going on either!

The Killing remains my gold standard for detective shows. I watch and enjoy many of them but often say, “It’s no The Killing.” Everyone should watch it!

We are finally watching Sherlock. DS and I like it. H doesn’t like the fast talking Sherlock does when describing the clues he’s noticed.

Recently came accross UNFORGOTTEN, a British drama. Nothing to do with amnesia :p, it’s about a cold case. I saw Series 2 (season 2): they’re cleaning a river and find a trunk with a skeleton in it. The guy’s been dead almost 30 years as per the CSI team, so they try to figure out who he was, how he died, etc. The main detective’s Cassie; her father lives with her, as well as a young adult son who’s about to introduce his girlfriend. Interspersed with that quest you see the life of three people, one English teacher in Salisbury who wants to become the Head of an inner city school, one lawyer from Brighton who is about to adopt a little girl with his husband, one nurse in the pediatric unit who has a short temper with adults but patience with sick children. Each family is compelling and very “real”, with lots of little touches. Plus you get to see Salisbury, Brighton, and London. :slight_smile:

@amom2girls I just started Red Rock, an Irish show. Looks like it may be interesting. Takes place in Dublin and Howth, a seaside village (I visited both recently.) So far, lots of layering in relationships.

Watching Jack Taylor. Just found it on Netflix even though it’s an older show. I love it. Each episode is stand alone and about 90min. Takes place in Galway and I love the actor’s raspy deep voice. It certainly lends to the character. Having just visited Ireland (and Galway) it brings back memories of my trip. Looks like my next show will be Red Rock ^^ :slight_smile:

@lookingforward, I’ll definitely check it out. I’m so behind my binge watching. It’s so sad!

Me, too. Will binge on the royal wedding tomorrow.

@VaBluebird Almost finished with the newest season of Bosch. Is The Fall on Netflix? Need to plan ahead.

@Bromfield2, yes, as far as I know they still have The Fall on Netflix.

Anyone watching Safe? It’s relatively new on Netflix. Michael C. Hall. Two episodes in and we’re hooked.

@lookingforward, is that on Netflix or Amazon? I needed something to binge since I finished Rita and The Let Down (which was only 7 episodes that I watched in one day.) I haven’t found anything I’ve liked since. Tried a bunch but nothing that grabbed me. :frowning:

@emilybee Amazon Prime

Boo, I don’t have Amazon.

Killing Eve is addictive.

Queen Sugar. Really good drama on OWN. Season 3 starts tonight and they rebroadcast all of Season Two over the weekend. H found it and I came in midway through season 2 - so I just read the episodes synopsis on wiki. I picked it right up from where I came in. I have second half of season two still to get through.

I believe it’s also streamed on Hulu.