Binge watched tv shows

Recommending The Forest in Netflix. I loved it.

We finished Babylon Berlin and canā€™t wait for more.

Started a ā€œBeing Erinā€ on Amazon prime. Cute show, takes place in I think Montreal Canada about a 32 year old gal who canā€™t hold a job despite having a masters, gets dumped, etc. She winds up meeting a ā€œtherapistā€ in the hospital. Eventually she visits therapist hoping to get out of her slump. He has her write down all her regrets and then sends her back in time to right the wrong decisions she believes has made her life disappointing. Kind of quirky but holding my attention so far.

^^ correction: the show is called ā€œBeing Ericaā€ and takes place in Toronto. Iā€™m on Ep 8, season 1 and so far I really like it. A nice change from the dark and suspenseful shows Iā€™ve watched recently.

I mentioned this on the Prime thread, but Killing Eve, Season One, is now $5 or $6 on Amazon. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a Prime Day special or not, but it was $20 when I checked a few days ago. For once, it paid to procrastinate on ordering it.

Starting this Sunday, July 22 the entire first season of Killing Eve is being broadcast on BBC America so if you own a DVR thereā€™s no need to pay for it on Amazon. Iā€™m planning to record it.

@Joblue ā€“ Killing Eve is terrific.

I understand that the version being broadcast is edited a bit, and I assume itā€™s to cut down on the violence. Good for those who prefer to take their thrillers less bloody.

I loved Being Erica, but forgot all about it. All the episodes had been on YouTube several years ago.

@katliamom Oh I hadnā€™t heard that the version is edited. Thatā€™s disappointing so I hope the edits are very minor because I really like to consume everything in itā€™s original form. If anyone who saw the original re-watches the one this Sunday, please post and let us know if itā€™s been significantly butchered.

I saw the original and liked it so much I may watch again, mostly because I think the woman who plays the assassin is so, so good. I doubt the broadcast version will be butchered, but Iā€™ll let you know.

Binged The Staircase over the weekend. It was interesting and Iā€™m still digesting and thinking about how I feel about it. A documentary about the author Michael Peterson who was charged with his wifeā€™s murder after she was found at the bottom of their stairs. The filmmakers started filming almost immediately after Kathleen Petersonā€™s death ( it wasnā€™t ever explained how this came about) and continued coverage through 2017.

Just watched C.B. Strike ( Cinemax). Itā€™s from the J.K. Rowling writing under a pseudonym mystery novels. Really enjoyed it. Only 2-3 episodes a ā€œ seasonā€ so doesnā€™t take long.

Somebody here recommended Detectoristsā€“what a low key, quirky, fun show!! Blasted through first 2 seasons (6 30 minute episodes per season) , and now canā€™t wait for Netflix to get the last season. Mackenzie Crook has stated he doesnā€™t foresee making any more new episodesā€“hoping he changes his mind.

Just started Secret City on Netflix. The first season is only 6 episodes. It is based in Australia and involves China and the US. So far really enjoying

Is anyone watching Sharp Objects? I am just on the second episode, but read the book a while ago. I like Amy Adams, but the story is disturbing.

Hi @showmom858

I just started watching Sharp Objects too. Iā€™m 2 episodes in. Iā€™m not into it yet but I do love Amy Adams so I think Iā€™ll keep watching. Unless she takes another bath!!! It makes me crazy when people in creepy situations/houses/towns, etc take baths alone at night! I feel like its such a B horror movie thing. I may actually read the book simultaneously. Itā€™s good, right?

I recommended the Detectorists and just got the third and final season at the library.
Am tempted to binge but want to savor each new episodeā€¦am tornā€¦

I just went in to Netflix to look up a couple of recently recommended shows and noticed they have changed the formatting and I have to say, I love it. When you look at a program, across the top, there are categories under which the show falls. For instance, the movie Brain on Fire has ā€œIrishā€ ā€œBased on Real Lifeā€ ā€œDramaā€ and a few other categories across the top. If you tap on Irish, it pulls up other movies that fall in the same category. Itā€™s still not complete, but it is helpful w/o having to use the search button.

I havenā€™t noticed any change in the horrible Netflix presentation.

One thing that screws us up is that my taste watching alone and my taste as a member of a couple are almost completely different. (Itā€™s always all about me, since my spouse finds Netflix so un-user-friendly that she refuses to use it without my participation.) I imagine we are not the only Netflix subscribers with that issue, however.

The fact that I stopped watching something after 20 minutes three months ago is not a good indication that I am going to want to start watching it again any day now. Netflixā€™s AI canā€™t figure that out.

Whenever I go to Netflix through Roku these days, what I land on is a Bollywood film I watched parts of about 13 months ago, because it had some elaborate wedding scenes that helped clue me in to what might happen at my sonā€™s wedding, since neither my future daughter-in-law nor her parents were interested in explaining it to me. (Bollywood wasnā€™t my only research tool, but it was a research tool.) I never even watched the whole film, which was not that great. Now, for the past two weeks, whenever I have watched something on Netflix, it has been Babylon Berlin. And every time I go, I have to look for Babylon Berlin ā€“ itā€™s never on my initial screen. Iā€™ve learned how to find it quickly, but for several days it was taking me 5-6 minutes to find it. How can they not get that right?

Also, I do watch Bollywood movies all the way through periodically. But usually they are romantic comedies, and on rare occasions ā€œissueā€ films. They are never straight cops-and-robbers action movies. So why are more than half of the Bollywood films offered to me straight cops-and-robbers action movies?

Watching Sharp Objects too. 3rd episode in. Disturbing but intriguing. Is slow in first 2 episodes but picks up significantly by 3rd one. Amy Adams is a fantastic actress. She will win an award for this one I think.