Binge watched tv shows

I just finished watching The Americans. It was very good. I am watching Designated Survivor now. Enjoying it so far.

Something Iā€™ve noticed about TV shows is how they color coordinate the actors to the surroundings and each other. Their tops blend nicely with the walls for example. I find I start looking at this all the time now.

@conmama, one show that really does that color coordination thing in a very bold way is Jane the Virgin. I had never really noticed anything like that in other shows Iā€™ve watched, but itā€™s very obvious in that show, especially since itā€™s so colorful!

@Mom2jl ā€¦Iā€™ll have to go take a look at that one. I just notice it so much anymore.

Over the past week, I watched all of the third season of The Man In The High Castle. If you liked the first two, you will probably like this one, although my strong sense is that the budget has been dialed back quite a bit. Thereā€™s a lot fewer long street scenes in the re-imagined 1950s Japanese-occupied San Francisco or New York City, capital of the North American Reich, and more simpler sets (interiors, frontier towns or countryside). As one might imagine, the science fiction plot is quickly taking over the alternate-history universe. The most compelling characters ā€“ by a mile ā€“ are still the senior bad guys: Trade Minister Tagomi, Chief Inspector Kido, and Obergruppenfuhrer (for now) Smith.

Just started an Australian series on Netflix called Deep Water. It is set around Bondi Beach and is a police/detective show about a series of gay murders. It is good and only 4 episodes. Should finish tonight.

A thumbs up for the Netflix movie, Private Life with Paul Giamatti and Kathryn Hahn, about a couple struggling to conceive. Well written and of course well acted, and a tricky-to-pull-off combination of comedy and drama.

OTOH, the first two episodes of The Romanoffs (Amazon) from the creator/writer/director of Mad Men ā€“ theyā€™re a big disappointment. Unpleasant, stock characters who are hard to care about. Mad Men never resorted to cliches the way these episodes do. Iā€™ll watch the rest of the series (new episode is delivered every Friday) but it has a long way to go, in my book, before I can recommend itā€¦

"As one might imagine, the science fiction plot is quickly taking over the alternate-history universe. "

@JHS The series started off strong but started to lose me as I preferred the alternate-history angle much more than the sci fi.

Thatā€™s easy to do if all the sets are the same color.

My father had a boss who was colorblind, so everything in his life was blue. Blue house, blue car, blue clothes. He always matched.

@katliamom I agree about Romanoffā€™s - not at all what I thought it would be. In fact, boring.

Bosch - I just started watching this; so far, so good!

Has anyone seen ā€œThe Haunting of Hill Houseā€ on Netflix? Iā€™ve read a few really glowing reviews but havenā€™t seen any episodes yet.

I hear itā€™s loosely based on Shirley Jacksonā€™s book. Stephen King thinks that Shirley would approveā€¦

The old version, which I saw when younger, still haunts me.

^^ Iā€™m a huge fan of the original movie, too! And I think the novel is amazing - I think it has one of the best opening paragraphs in literature.

Ray Donovan is back. If youā€™re a Sho subscriber, you can watch it now. Iā€™m getting it on demand via Sling.

If anyone has a YouTube TV subscription I highly recommend watching Cobra Kai, a series continuing the saga between the two main characters from Karate Kid. Itā€™s wonderfully entertaining! Currently there is one season with 10 episodes. Ralph Macchio and William Zabka reprise their roles.
ā€œThirty four years after events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, a down-and-out Johnny Lawrence seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai dojo, reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso.ā€

Watching ā€œIā€™m Sorryā€ on Netflix. Hysterical LOL. Many off color sexual jokeā€“main character is a mom and comedy writer. Love the cast.

Well, I am LOVING ā€œThe Haunting of Hill Houseā€ on Netflix! Itā€™s scary but not gory - the kind of horror series where you jump a lot but you think a lot too. A real homage to Shirley Jacksonā€™s work.

We just finished The Americans. I was satisfied with how they ended the series.

Iā€™m also finishing the Laura Dern series Enlightened. It was a little strange and quirky at first but then I really started to like it.

Whoā€™s started watching new shows this season znd are any worth watching?
So far Iā€™ve tried Single Parents which is okay and two other comedies that didnā€™t work. Next on list is ā€˜God friended meā€™ because Iā€™m a sucker for this type of stories and because I thought the main actor was brilliant in his previous show.

• but here has to be more than that worth watching, right?
    And any opinions on God friended me?

I liked Welcome to Waverly. But I have an interest in various peoples and our similarities.