Binge watched tv shows

2nd season of Mrs. Maisel is on now. I’m watching the first episode. So fun to have it back!

@momo2x2018 Yes, I’ve watched every season of OITNB and I enjoy the show. So many great female actors. The one thing that was a constant annoyance in every season was Piper. Ugh.

H is heading out for a work trip to the UK today so I will be bingeing Mrs. Maisel.

Super busy season so saving Mrs.Maisel for the weekend (barely making it, arrgh).
What’s Dirty John about?

@MYOS1634 - Dirty John is the true story of a male sociopath in Newport Beach, CA who was successful at wooing a woman. It’s about her, her family and him. And yes, really happened. There was a podcast that was mind boggling. I work in NB and my office was rivited by the story.

Thanks!

Speaking of sociopaths - I just watched the new Jonestown documentary on Sundance (“Jonestown: Terror in the Jungle.”) Lots of interviews with ex-members of the People’s Temple and lots of film clips from Jonestown itself. What a nightmare.

I found this haunting: over 300 of the people who died there were never identified. Most of those 300 people were small children.

Hm, I don’t think I’ll watch Dirty John then, sociopaths aren’t my thing.

@psychmomma loved Jack Ryan.

Sped right through The Last Kingdom’s latest season, again. Vikings with far less gore. @TempeMom

Also watched all of House of Cards and really enjoyed it, though it took me a few minutes to figure out what was happening. I liked how Claire grew and changed.

I am working on Frontier though it’s not grabbing me this season, yet - wish Red Road would return, that was a better Jason Momoa show, I thought.

Stalled out on Ozark for some reason. I keep falling asleep on it.

Marvelous Mrs Maisel is back and I’m an episode in so far, still like it a lot.

I was bingeing Billions then Netflix’s engagement with it ended :frowning: I was only in season two - if it pops up on another service I’d love to hear where…

On Hulu, The Good Doctor has become one of my favorite shows. I look forward to it every week. There are 2 previous seasons to binge if you haven’t started it yet. Autistic savant surgeon, tons of great characters.

Have you watched Outlander? Somewhat like the first, same show creator as the second. Season 4 is happening now on Starz.

So this is a recommendation for something a bit different. On Netflix. A British competition show called The Great Interior Design Challenge. Talented amateur interior designers compete decorating very architecturally-specific rooms: in cottages, Victorians, Grand Homes, seaside cottages, etc. The competitors are unique, at ease in front of the cameras but there are no jerks, and they’re supportive and nice to their fellow competitors. No fake drama created by the producers.The judges aren’t mean. The host offers interesting insights into British architecture and its history.

Just a nice, visually interesting show and a refreshing escape from nordic murder thrillers :slight_smile:

I binged all of season 2 of Maisel overnight - so much fun. Of course, it meant only 1 hour of sleep before getting to work…

^^^ I am so glad I’m not the only one this has happened to.

@katliamom - I just discovered The Great Interior Design Challenge.& love it. Love the historical commentary.

I’m rewatching Season 1 of Mrs. Maisel as it turns out husband didn’t watch it with me. He’s enjoying it and I don’t mind. Nice refresher before we dive into Season 2.

I LOVE the show but have one gripe - the neglected children. I’m not even sure why they bothered having children as part of the storyline. Perhaps Season 2 is different (but I don’t want to know!).

Alright, I rewatched all of Maisel S2 last night and caught lots of additional funny/sweet details I missed my first binge through. I’m a walking zombie today but fortunately do not need to make any life-or-death decisions.

@OHMomof2 all seasons of Billions are streaming on Showtime. I currently have a Showtime channel add-on through my Amazon Prime account; it’s also available through Hulu. Both of them have free trial periods, but you’ll have to check and see what the length is (usually only 7 days). After that, it costs $10.99/mo.

I finally binged on The Kominsky Method and enjoyed it tremendously. Alan Arkin is spectacular. And, at age 84! For those who commented on not liking all the focus on peeing, it’s a factual issue with many men in their 70s and 80s. :slight_smile:

Is anyone watching Escape at Dannemora? It is a very grim, bleak look at the true story of the escape of two murderers from the Clinton Correctional Facility in 2015. Benicio del Toro, Paul Dano, Patricia Arquette, David Morse, all strong performances.

Is anyone watching My Brilliant Friend on HBO? The preview looks very good (beautifully shot), but I don’t have HBO, but am keeping my eye out for a free weekend.

@Barbalot Loved the Ferrante books; waiting for the entire season to be available, at which point I will sign up for a free-trial and binge :slight_smile: That’s the plan anyway, if the series as a whole is considered a success. I don’t want my memories of the books be tainted by a subpar adaptation, though I hear so far, it’s been slow, but terrific.

I binged Dogs on Saturday. Really liked it.

I’m having a root canal tomorrow and was prescribed 20mg of Valium so I expect to not being able to do much except veg on the sofa, so I’ll be starting the The Kominsky Method.