Binge watched tv shows

Amazon Prime :slight_smile: but it looks like itā€™s not there anymore???
If you have a VPN, you can also google France2 Replay Trapped. :wink:

Just watched:
Homecoming: A Film by Beyonce (Netflix)
Huge in France (Netflix)
The Case Against Adnan Syed (HBO)

All good for different reasons.

Also just watched Someone Great (Netflix) wanting a sweet, funny rom-com break up BFF story and it was just MEH. Not worth it, I donā€™t think.

Less than an hour and a half until GOT! Woo hooā€¦

Canā€™t believe I missed season 2 of Trapped (if I did). Season 1 was just about my favorite Nordic noir.

Second the motion re: Shetlandā€“we were in Iceland last fall and the BBC channel (one of the few channels we had, but I digressā€¦) we had access to had a news piece on how excited the Brits were about the newest season of Shetland that was being filmed at that time.

Also enjoying Unforgotten Sunday nights on PBS.

Finally watching The Fall on Netflix. Excellent series, but intense!

I just signed up for the free week trial of Britbox on Amazon Prime (which I have,) to get Shetland.
4. Thereā€™s a season 5 apparently coming this month but I donā€™t see it listed yet. No luck yet finding Trapped.

I do need more of these Euro or Nordic Noirs you can recommend. Not the stuff of real nightmares, but gritty is fine.

@lookingforward I enjoy gardening shows on Britbox. Yes, I am old.

finally started watching ā€œMy Brilliant Friendā€ (HBO). Iā€™m on episode 4 and LOVE it. All the hype was trueā€¦wonderful show.

Looking forward to checking out Shetland. How did I miss this one?

Oh, for a fun, show with a sometimes tender and definitely dangerous twist, try ā€œImpostersā€ (Netflix)

Late to the game with Killing Eve. Just binged the first season last month to catch up with Season 2. I really like it and have always enjoyed Sandra Oh. However, Iā€™m not sure she deserved Best actress. The gal who plays Villanelle is fantastic.

@conmama I agree about Killing Eve. Jodie Comer who plays Villanelle is extraordinary, handling a mercurial, multifaceted character with ease while Sandra Oh needs to look merely worried in her part.

Hinterland us another good series. Same noir drama, but Welsh.

I just watched The Swell. Short 6 episode series about a Dutch Katrina like event (subtitled). It was a sad show but had interesting characters and a good storyline.

Big difference between Hinterland and Shetland is that we found Hinterland to be always dark and grim. Shetland has some light moments, like the interactions between Jimmy and Tosh, and between Jimmy and Duncan (the 2 ā€œdadsā€)

ā€œBoschā€ is back.

Anyone else watching Shetland via Amazonā€™s purchase of BritBox and discover that theyā€™re missing episode 3? I bought a trial of BritBox directly, and it is present there. I much prefer buying through Amazon (one place to pay, have 5% back credit card, and (at least for Acorn, the streaming quality is better), but not if theyā€™re going to skip episodes!

Getting ready to settle into Bosch this weekend :slight_smile:

Just checked viewing history on Netflix because, sadly, we canā€™t always remember which shows weā€™ve seen before. Granted, many have very similar names and themes. Here is a list of the police procedural type shows we enjoyed on Netflix: Borderliner, Bodyguard, Hinterland, River, Marcella, Deadwind, Bordertown, The Five, The Forest.
Not so much but we still watched the whole series: Perfume (gratuitous violence, especially against women), Dogs of Berlin (violence), Witnesses (dumb premise) , The Frozen Dead (extremely dumb premise).
PBS has stepped up to the plate with great programming, enjoying Unforgotten and Les Miserables. Public TV members can access streaming at any time with the Passport option.

Iā€™m haunted by Unforgotten!!

@IxnayBob
Now when I look at the list. Season 3 isnā€™t there. Iā€™m on 4.
Try reloading? Waiting for 5.

Adding- now itā€™s season 2 missing
Odd.

@IxnayBob try counting. I think series 1 may have been 2 parts of Red Bones. Series 2 was 3 stories/2 parts eachā€¦ Prime has Series 1 as 8 shows. Maybe itā€™s just rebundled.

Someone mentioned watching season 2 of Trapped but I cant figure out where to watch it. Anyone know?