Binge watched tv shows

The Worricker trilogy was ok. A bit slow and tho I like Bill Nighy, but not so much Helena Bonham-Carter (she shows up in the 2nd show.)
On Sunday, a new PBS series from the Brits starts, Indian Summers, a “period epic.”

Anyone watching Dr. Foster? The plot is ridiculous but I am still enjoying it.

Speaking of totally ridiculous plots, I have been vindicated by Viola Davis’ Emmy win! Can’t wait for season 2 of that one.

I am really enjoying Treme. The first couple of episodes were filled with caricatures, but they turned into real (well, “real”) people at the end of a few hours and now, at the end of season 2, I am hooked. And oh, the music!

Am I the only one who enjoys Longmire? It’s on Netflix now.

I’m starting Shetland. Only problem, ha, is that there are no subtitles on the putlocker version. Yeah, it’s English. D1 actually spent time in Shetland.

I enjoyed watching W1A from BBC. I am trying to watch How to get away with murder following Emmy. Noy much of a storyline.

There is another PBS series starting Sunday night. Home Fires. Looks very good.

Another thumbs up here for Narcos. Two episodes left and I can hardly wait to finish!

For fans of The Leftovers and The Affair. Both start season 2 tomorrow night!

Ok, Homeland is coming on, but first there was an ad for a new show starring Damien Lewis, Billions. Looks like 2016.

I also liked Quantico (ABC) enough to try it for a while.

The second season of Fargo is shaping up to be as good as the first! A totally different story line/characters, but the feel, the writing and the quirkiness is the same. My only peeve is the number of commercials. Even with a DVR it’s a lot of skipping.

The 2nd season of Dicte is on youtube. So far, liking her relationship with the photographer. (That’s no spoiler, it opens the first episode.)

Oh, hold the clicker, I’m watching it on http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2povjo

Thanks, @lookingforward.

Just saw the latest episode of The Affair. Wow, the ending sure surprised me. Rooting for Cole to find some happiness in his life.

^^It was a very good episode. I think Scotty’s comment at the end meant that the baby was the Lockharts’, not that she was his. Remember Scotty showed up the night that Alison and Cole were together. Only five more episodes!

Started Narcos last week, it is soooo good!

Saw an interview with Clair Danes where her starring role in “My So Called Life” was brought up. Watched the pilot on Hulu and I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I was hooked. Embarrassed because the show is from the perspective of a 15 year old high school girl.

At any rate, I am now into the eight episode and decided it is brilliant and the second best TV show about high school after “Freaks & Geeks”. I have also convinced myself that I am enjoying it so much because I relate to the dad living with his wife and two daughters. Yeah, that’s it. :wink:

My So Called Life was a big hit in our house when it first aired. My Ds loved it and I thought it was an excellent show. if it had been a few years later when youth programming became popular, I have no doubt that it would have had a much longer life. It is always on the top tv shows of all time lists. A wonderfully talented cast, many of whom went on to very successful careers.

We loved “My So Called Life” back when it was aired live, and were sad when it didn’t get renewed. It was a great show; no need to be embarrassed.