Binge watched tv shows

@doschicos Thanks for that Fleabag article. It’s a good one. (As was this whole show. For me, it was definitely one of the best ones in the past few years.)

For all you Schitt’s Creek fans —- the strangest thing. On Netflix, a new Christmas episode appeared. It’s fun to watch. I miss this binge.

Unit 42 on Netflix, Belgian. I’ve only watched the first but it wraps up in one episode. It jumps straight in.

For those (like me!!) who loved Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House” - some preliminary details of Season 2 have been released. The new season will premiere in 2020, and it’s a completely new story with no connections to Season 1.

Supposedly it will be an adaptation of Henry James’s “The Turn of the Screw.”

I just couldn’t get into fleabag. Everyone loves it…does it take a while?

I have watched all of fleabag and I did not love it. And yes, everyone I know loves it.
Somehow just did not appeal to me-- slow and destructive main character. Just about slap stick in
a dry barely chuckle way.

^ … and that, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes horse races.

Just finished a danish TV show, Herrens Veje. A family drama with a religious twist. Liked it.

I like binge watching old classic TV shows like The Andy Griffith Show and The Dick Van Dyke show. I’m thinking of binge watching Father Knows Best.

Just started watching a Netflix’s “Designated Survivor” –– a political drama about a post terror strike that takes down the Capitol and how a cabinet member assigned to be the “designated survivor” deals with the aftermath. Political intrigue, lots of drama. So far, so very good.

@TempeMom and @oregon101 I was borderline obsessed with Fleabag, cried when it was over, one of my favorite shows of the past few years, read articles and recaps. One of the only British shows I watched with DH. We started Catastrophe this week, crude, funny, another great cast. I think I might be biased with English/Irish shows, The Fall, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Killing Eve, White Queen, Bodyguard, ready for The Crown season 3!

^ loved Catastrophe, Killing Eve was excellent but super hard for me psychologically.
Someone asked me today about Killing Eve and Psychopaths. I have on a few occasions been in a psychopaths present–“they have no soul” was my answer.
Sandra Oh was absolutely amazing as was the young psychopath. But I am super glad the first two seasons are over! I don’t think there will be another season–?

I was in the 2nd season of Killing Eve, but can’t re-engage with it. Too much I wanted to SMH at. Jodie Comer is amazing.

@oregon101 I read Killing Eve confirmed a third season. The actresses are talented. Don’t think I know any psychopaths, I hope not!

I’m watching the new Tales of the City. It is making me feel nostalgic, and I think I’ll have to watch the original again. I also seem to remember being more engaged with the original, but that was a long time ago. I wonder if it would seem as good watching it now. We’ll see!

I just finished watching Good Omens six episode mini series on Amazon Prime and absolutely loved it. I never read the book but just put it on hold at the library.

I binged on When They See Us on Netflix. Outrageously disturbing and a must see. Really. Do not stick your head in the sand.

Called my best friend after and she recommended I binge on The Casketeers (Netflix) - about a family running a Maori funeral home in New Zealand - it’s touching and quirky and at times adorable, but it is incredibly life affirming. I used to live in NZ and went to one Maori funeral. It’s unlike any funeral I’ve ever been to. Anyway a beauty of a show - 2 seasons, 6 episodes and 8 episodes (each about 1/2 hour).

I was going to college in NYC when that assault/rape occurred in Central Park in 1989 and remember the case well. I have not watched When They See Us yet but D17 has and was very disturbed by it. She didn’t realize, until I mentioned it, that I was living there at the time when it happened. I do plan on watching it soon.

I watched the interview about When They See Us. I think it was 60 minutes. It was illuminating. I was also in NY doing my postdoctorate. I remember the media/experts going on and going about Wolf Pack mentality.

Just finished watching “The Last Czars” on Netflix. Didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know (Nicholas and Alexandra were catastrophic twits), but I really did not want to see sex scenes of Nicholas and Alexandra, much less of Rasputin. Thumbs down.