Binge watched tv shows

Have not read all 165 pages of this thread, but I haven’t seen Our Girl mentioned. It is available on Prime and follows a British teenage girl who joins the Army after vomiting in the doorway of the recruiting office after a night of drinking. Just finished the second episode (for planning purposes, the first is very long; the second was a more typical length), and it is really good.

Anyone else waiting on more Doc Martin?

@1FloridaMom: is this a doctor’s show and what’s it like on the spectrum (Grey’s anatomy, House, All creatures great and small… :wink: )

@planit: does it follow the girl through training, etc? Is it a rite of passage/coming of age" story?

Doc Martin is a great show. It’s quirky, humorous, dramatic, endearing, charming, beautiful. Doc Martin is a country doctor in a small town of interesting characters. In my top 5 favorites. It’s perfect to watch with my mom since it’s content is basically G rated, PG on occasion. Can’t wait for another season!!

I love Doc Martin! I am a big fan of lots of the British comedies. Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Waiting for God, As Time Goes By. Funny even decades later!

Stopped Instinct and started Cardinal season 3. While the disturbed young man is scary, it’s easier to watch than season1&2.
Because it’s rather dark, I alternate with Younger for lightness - I enjoy the jokes about the literati world and NYC/Brooklyn, but find the SATC vibe and the live triangle absolutely tedious.

I watched Collateral last night, easy, with only 4 episodes. Mostly good, thought provoking- but not sure why some characters were included.

Whoever recommended the Australian TV show Offspring on Netflix, thank you so much. It was so worth binge watching! Have a new found celebrity crush too- Matthew Le Nevez!

As long as it too for Season 8 to come to the US, I am not holding my breath! I can only hope it’s speedier to Season 9.

@chocaddict I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying Offspring! It’s one of my favorite shows ever and I do miss the Proudmans.

So happy that there will be another season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel starting on December 6! :slight_smile:

@alwaysamom Aaaww, me too. I might watch it again as I miss them all (eap Dr Clegg lol). If you guys know of other tv series like Offspring snd Parenthood, pls do share… Thanks again

I watched The Offspring a couple of years ago and miss that show, though I think the series finale did an excellent job of wrapping up everyone’s story lines. For those who like Australian tv with some quirky characters, The Heart Guy is really good. My local PBS was airing the first season earlier this summer but all of the seasons are available with an Acorn TV subscription on Amazon Prime. I’ve discovered Acorn is well worth the $4.99/month as they have a lot of British and Australian shows which I seem to prefer to American programming.

We finished up 11/22/63. It was so good. I LOVED the sweet ending. It was one of my favorite books, too.

Do you think I can see the a Downton Abbey film without having binged the tv show? Or should I binge first?

looking forward - I think Downton abbey is a very worthy binge! you’d need a lot of time for it, and hopefully would love it. There’s so much of a back story to each of those characters. But no idea if it is all needed for that movie.

Just discovered Snowfall (FX) and have been bingeing it. It has 2+ seasons of 10 eps each. First two seasons available on Hulu.

Is the Downton Abbey Movie going to be shown in theaters, or is it going to be on a streaming service?

I’m way behind all you guys. I love every minute of Doc Martin. Just finished Designated Survivor where I liked Season 1 the best. Now watching Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce. I couldn’t get into Kominsky Method but I might try again in the future. Next will probably be Season 2 of Big Little Lies

And I cannot wait for Dec 6 for Marvelous Mrs Maisel

@coralbrook , give Kominsky Method another try. I didnt like it at first, didn’t get past 20 minutes. Came back to it a couple months later and really enjoyed it.

@coralbrook , Dowton Abbey movie is opening in theaters Sept. 20. It has broken records for advance ticket sales.