Binge watched tv shows

I just binge watched all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey so I could watch the movie with all the back history. Such a fabulous series!

What? Grace and Frankie has another season coming in January? Did I read that right, cuz I thought it was over.

Sounds like GLOW has only a 50/50 chance of being renewed. Boo.

ā€œThe Night Manager,ā€ only 1 season, 6 episodes, with Tom Hiddleston, Olivia Colman, Hugh Laurie, on Amazon Prime. Taut spy thriller, gorgeous locales. Felt like Hiddlestonā€™s ā€œBondā€ audition, and well worth it!

Definitely +1 on The Night Manager. Six episodes is perfect for doing John LeCarre, and Tom Hiddleston and Hugh Laurie are both great in it.

Itā€™s not for everyone, but I really enjoyed The Boys on Amazon Prime. Based on some comic book series I never heard of (but my children had), itā€™s not all that original. Itā€™s a dark satire of the Marvel Consolidated Universes, in which superheroes are self-indulgent divas directed and manipulated by corporate executives obsessed with monetizing their brands. But itā€™s done really well, with sparse but effective use of comic-book gore and violence, and interesting characters. Apparently it swerves hard away from the source material (according to those familiar with the source material). Elisabeth Shue has a major role as a corporate baddie, and plays it very well. Also, some fun stunt casting: Haley Joel Osment (the kid from The Sixth Sense) plays a washed-up former child star.

@OHMomof2 Snowfall is one of my favorites. The actor who plays Franklin is phenomenal and should be mounted for an Emmy IMHO.

We are in processā€“hope we finish season 6 before the movie comes out! It was lots of fun watching first episode of season 1, knowing what we know now about the characters.

Offspring is just so scattered, great in parts and terrible in others. Australia has some great TV shows, but this is not one of them. It is cringy and lawd knows I am only looking for TV light on the indoor bike.

Downton Abbey is an amazing show. Canā€™t wait for the movie!

I"m hearing a lot of good things about the Netflix series ā€œDiagnosisā€. My D2 who is in grad school in a health discipline is HOOKED. I might try an episode this weekend - I do love health related documentaries. Anyone watched?

We love good police/detective TV shows. So far, highly recommend Bosch (American), Line Of Duty (British), Cardinal (Canadian) and Harrow ( Australian). We watched all but Bosch on Hulu. Bosch is on Netflix. If you like this kind of show, they are all excellent. It is really worth a Hulu subscription and your time.

Any new shows youā€™re looking forward to? Iā€™m just starting to think about Fall TV season (I used to buy all the returning shows and new shows issues from EW and TVGuide !)

@abasket Diagnosis sounds really interesting. Iā€™ll have to put it on the watch list, and Iā€™d love to hear your feedback if/when you do watch it.

Just finished season 1 of Dead to Me - a dark comedy on Netflix with Christina Applegate. At first I found it a bit uncomfortable to watch, but it grew on me and the season finale definitely left me wanting more.

Finally got around to watching the first episode of season three of Harlots on Hulu. Itā€™s entertaining enough and great costumes. Plus Theon Greyjoy just showed up as a new character!

Thanks for the ā€œDiagnosisā€ recommendation. I just watched the first two episodes and itā€™s really good! I love mysteries, including medical ones.

Probably not so good for a hypochondriac to watch, though. ?

Dead To Me is SO not the type of show Iā€™d normally watch - but I was totally hooked! Iā€™m a scaredy cat but really enjoyed this.

I donā€™t watch much tv (I know, so many people sayā€¦) - maybe an hour a night. But a show Iā€™m interested in is being released on Netflix later this month - canā€™t remember if I mentioned this here alreadyā€¦Ben Platt, ā€œThe Politicianā€
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-kdBlzCG7w

So happy that the newest season of British baking show is streaming weekly (almost the same time in Britain) on Netflix. Itā€™s my favorite baking show.

Wow, the. Ritish Baking Show is on Netflix? Didnā€™t know that. Itā€™ll be easier to watch now.

Just finished the second season of Mrs. Maisel. Such a good show- canā€™t wait for more.

I am watching, Better Than Us.
ā€œA family on the brink of splitting up become the owners of a cutting-edge robot being sought by a corporation, homicide investigators and terrorists.ā€
It is suspenseful and well done. There is no Moscow scenes, even though it is taken place in Moscow.