Binge watched tv shows

Really enjoying Succession on HBO… an exceptionally well written (and darkly funny at times) family saga clearly inspired by Rupert Murdoch.

We’re enjoying GLOW. Never thought I would like a show about female wrestling, ha, but that’s just the vehicle used to develop the characters. We laugh a lot when we watch it. :slight_smile:

I haven’t seen GLOW, but one of the actresses in it went to HS with S1.

Catastrophe is a fun binge; I did not know about a new OITNB season - I will binge that this weekend!

Second season of Derby Girls is quite good. Just like season one some episodes are better than the others. The first and last episodes of season two are excellent LOL ones. Just 6 episodes so way too short.

DH has tired of GLOW, so I guess I’ll watch it by myself. I’m on the second episode of the second season.

The 50 Best TV Shows on Netflix Right Now https://nyti.ms/2YPe1XI

@MaineLonghorn I didn’t watch GLOW because the theme is female wrestling. I have heard good things about it but I’m pretty stubborn. We’ve seen so many great shows in the past few months Jack Ryan, Catastrophe, Fleabag And next week Mindhunter season 2, look forward to that show! City on a Hill wrapping up soon on Showtime.

@3sonsmom, I wouldn’t avoid the show because of the female wrestling. It’s pretty tame. The actresses have fun with it.

Last week we watched another good one, State of the Union. Couple goes for a drink before marriage counseling. I love Rosamund Pike, something different. 10 to 15 minute episodes.

I’m really enjoying this final season of OITNB. It has returned to the excellence of some of the early seasons and I’m going to miss a lot of these characters. Only a couple of episodes left!

Totally loved Fleabag. Funny, sad, then resolved sort of. Great show, great writing. Loved Derry Girls as well. Season 2 was just as good. Everyone has an Uncle Colm in their life lol. Lots of great characters.

Just started Mindhunt on Netflix - excellent!

Did anyone mention “Dating Around”? It’s a 30-minute reality show on Netflix. My college junior D recommended and watched the whole episodes together in one night! (Only 6 episodes)
Hard to explain but it’s pretty addictive. It’s a slice of dating life in NYC meets HGTV’s house hunter. It’s fun to guess who s(he) will pick for the second date at the end.
I recommend it if you have 30 minutes to kill time.

If you liked Veronica Mars I HIGHLY recommend Izombie by the creator of Veronica Mars. I have zero -zippo -no interest in zombies but the zombie thing is really just a prop for a show with both very funny dialogue while exploring some serious themes ( especially as the show goes on). It’s on Netflix now and I have hooked more than one person by telling them to watch just the first 10 minutes and see what they think.

Hinterland is my new thing on Netflix. Does the sun ever shine in Wales?

Rarely.

Summer 2015, I think, there were several sunny days in a row, more than a week and it was headlines news every evening “5th straight day of sun!!! Record breaking!!!”
And, no, I am not kidding.

@1FloridaMom , without revealing any spoilers, all I’m going to say is pay very close attention to season 1 episode 1, as by the end of the final season it all comes full circle.

Tried " My life is murder" but found it derivative despite views of Perth and likable actress.
Started “instinct”.
Thanks to the people who recommended!

@1Florida Mom It is glorious here today. Temperature just right on this NW coast a couple of hours north of Aberystwyth. But …how it can rain and blow in the winter. FWIW we think they use a grey filter and old news coverage to help it along.