Binge watched tv shows

Dh and I didn’t love the beginning of this season of Homeland but thought it got much better as it went on. MUCH better!!

Just binged on Broadchurch, season 2. I love the scenery so much

Agree the scenery is beautiful. But also in the BBC Scotland series, Shetland, set in the Shetland Islands.

You all have me convinced to start the Affair, one of these days.

Agree with @collage1

@dstark Sorry about that! My reading comprehension skills weren’t tops with that comment. :slight_smile: Enjoy the finale!

@alwaysamom, Loved the finale!

The show is very well written and acted!

Didn’t see the finale story coming! :slight_smile:

I just binged on the first season of Madam Secretary. Loved it. Tea Leoni is great, and there are many excellent people in the cast. I love that ethics are a crucial part of the show.

I started watching the first episode of Narcos, but found it too confusing for the circumstances in which I was watching. I’m going to start over when I can sit down and really pay attention.

On my list of shows to start: Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle. I’ve thought about checking out The Affair, since people here like it so much, but I really do not like the premise. A guy with four kids cheating on his wife with a younger–naturally–woman?

@dstark Me, too! I loved how it explained so many different details and clues that we were given throughout the two seasons. Now, I can’t wait til Season 3 to see how they explain what was happening between the main characters from the time of the ‘incident’ until the finale. Wow! What an interesting season it’s been.

@Consolation I didn’t like the premise either, and to be honest, many of the characters are not very likeable individuals but it is a terrific series. I think it’s the best ensemble cast on tv at the moment, and the method of story-telling is unique and makes the show even more interesting. In addition, there are many beautiful set locations for the show, which always interests me. :slight_smile:

I’ve saved all episodes of Indian Summers and Home Fires and the last two episodes of The Widower to watch over the holiday tv show drought.

I also really like Madam.Secretary. It’s a perfect Sunday night show.

Daughter and I are binging on second season of Transparent. Jeffrey Tambor has reached new heights in these episodes, all without saying very much, actually. This is such a good series!

I quit Indian Summers after 2 or 3 episodes, but I loved Home Fires and I am anxiously awaiting the next season.

@katliamom I think the entire cast of Transparent is fantastic. All of them fully inhabit these roles. I was glad they expanded more into some of the other family members and their origin story this season. The Rita plotline really bothers me…why is the Rabbi the only one who will say out loud the truth about what happened to Josh at the hands of his babysitter. Josh clearly never recovered, although he himself insists he was in love with Rita.

H and are are watching Indian Summers and enjoying it. I started season 2 of Transparent and it is terrific.

@2VU0609 I also didn’t make it through all the episodes of Indian Summers, which is odd for me since I will watch and enjoy just about anything about India.

@partyof5 …we started binge watching Parenthood last year, towards the end of the year. We caught up in time to watch the last 2 episodes in real time. We all agreed it was our favorite series in years. We loved being able to watch it with our then Sr. we were so lost with what to watch afterwards, DH has yet to engage in another series. I loved all the characters, but my favorites were Zeek and Crosby. Enjoy!

The only thing I’ve binged on is Frankie and Grace. It’s decent enough, don’t love it. I think I will try Madam Secretary.

I really loved Transparent, both seasons. I didn’t think I would get into it when I started Season 1. But it pulled me in. Fundamentally it’s the story of a screwed-up upper-upper-middle-class Jewish family in L.A. And yes, Jeffrey Tambor is amazingly good. @dstark, I think you will like it.

The major problem I have with Frankie and Grace is that I just don’t buy Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston as a gay couple.

I don’t either Consolation. But I love Sam and Frankie together. I like Grace’s daughter Brianna, she kills me. Like I said, I like it don’t love it. Jane looks fantastic…I want the name of her surgeon.

Just got the email–Nurse Jackie, 5 seasons, on Netflix. My next binge!

I recently watched the final four episodes of “Whitechapel” on TV and found the first three episodes on DVD. Does anyone know if the rest of the show is available on DVD or streaming?