Binge watched tv shows

^ Parks and Rec is probably on most favorite comedy series lists! We watched it through twice so far, several years apart. The Office is great and Community is good, too, if you haven’t seen them.

We’re like you @kjs1992. Just watched The Sopranos for the first time a few months ago. Now that I know what all the fuss was about, no one’s talking about it.

The Parks and Rec Zoom chat special a few weeks ago was exactly what we all needed!!!

I second previous recommendations for Dead To Me (Netflix). Watched the first two seasons and am awaiting the third. I read there’s a new season of Billions in the wings–anyone know if it’s out yet?

D (who never saw the show) has persuaded me to re-watch West Wing. I had watched most of it when it came out, but had forgotten how much I liked it.

Late to the party on this one but just finished binging Schitt’s Creek and really enjoyed it. Many laughs and nice escape.

Dead to Me’s second season was just released in May, so the third season is at least a year away.

It’s even better to do the rewatch while following up each episode with a listen to The West Wing Weekly podcast. It’s hosted by Joshua Malina ( who plays Will Bailey in the later seasons) and a huge fan who is a professional podcaster who met Malina at a Yale reunion and got him to agree to do it. They are both very smart and interesting and break down each episode.

Because of Malina’s contacts they regularly have on as guests the show’s actors and directors, set designers, costumers etc…and writers including the creator Aaron Sorkin. And because of the shows high brow fan base they also get guests like Justin Trudeau ( in an episode dealing with Canada) or a high ranking gay Navy officer ( during an episode about Don’t ask Don’t Tell) or NASA personnel (episode where the space shuttle was a plot point).

@Bromfield, the new season of Billions started in early May. I hadn’t seen it earlier, but SHO showed marathons of the earlier seasons before that, and I got hooked. It’s hard waiting weeks between episodes after having the luxury of binging earlier!

My “I’m Late To The Party” current series is Friday Night Lights. Nothing says good evening like a hour with Coach Taylor. :slight_smile:

Get the JustWatch app. It’s great. Put in your tv services in the app and then search for whatever shows/movies you want. It’ll tell you where it is streaming (all services) and show what’s free for you. I use it continually. No more trying to remember what show was playing on what service. Also gives synopsis of show, review ratings and suggestions for further viewing.

Upload on Amazon is great.

I recently binge watched season 1 of The Spanish Princess on STARZ, which was fun costumes and sets but not gripping (I knew how far it veered from history having read the books). However, I started watching the night after I watched the Downton Abbey movie. I was startled by Lady Edith showing up as Margaret Poole. Always tricky when an actor gets strongly identified as a character, not to mention that instead of Poor Edith, it was Poor Margaret. That threw me off a bit through the whole season.

H and I finished The English Game and really liked it. We are slowly making our way through Ozark. We like the series, but can only watch a couple of episodes per week. We are currently watching Hollywood which is a fun show.

Friday Night Lights is my absolute favorite series.

Started watching West Wing for the very first time last week! They speak so fast I had to turn on closed captioning. I’m really enjoying it.

Just watched an episode where Elizabeth Moss appears with Brad Whitley. They are both in The Handmaid’s Tale and it’s odd seeing them so young together,

@Marilyn have you watched White Queen and White Princess as well? They serve as prequels to Spanish Princess. I had no idea the War of the Roses was as bat**** crazy as it was! The Starks and Lanasters from Game of Thrones got nuthin’ on the Yorks and Lancasters of real life England!

I have found Never Have I Ever on Netflix to be a quite enjoyable. Light and funny without being sappy or dumb.

@Marilyn, I know what you mean! Lots of Downton actors are in different shows and always distracts me. The nasty, first Mrs. Bates, James the footman and Lord Merton are in Outlanders. Mrs. Crawley is on Afterlife. Gwen the housemaid was on one season of The Good Fight. Michael Gregson, Henry Talbot and Bertie were on The Crown. Spratt was in the Durrell’s in Corfu.

Sheesh…I need to get off the couch!

@MADad - I’ve watched some of the earlier series but have read all the books. And yes, GOT definitely was inspired by history. (Except for zombies and dragons.)

@gosmom - I think the main problem was that I had just watched it! And that the characters had such similar hang dog expressions all the time.

I had a similar distraction problem when Adam Scott AKA Ben Wyatt showed up on The Good Place.

I’ve been watching Never Have I Ever - I think I’m 5 or 6 episodes in. It’s an easy watch - but I think I thought it would be more than it is??? I’ve heard quite a bit about it. I just thought it would be a little more of whatever - more funny, more thought provoking, more catchy. Good, and I’ll finish it but not as impactful in entertainment as I was expecting.

Agreed. Good enough and light.

Someone recommended The Half of It (Netflix, movie) for more teen romance. I enjoyed that one quite a bit.