Binge watched tv shows

Sorry to report season 3 of Bordertown is MUCH darker.

Took 3 nights to binge first season of Upload. Really, really clever and funny. Enjoyed it a lot.

Has anyone watched Selling Sunset? The homes are beautiful but the women! Oh my. Iā€™m sure their incessant gossip about each other is part of the draw, but Iā€™m glad my women friends are not like them. I hated that kind of drama in middle school and still do. Yet, I enjoyed the show. Third season arrives in August.

Prodigal son, liar, little fires everywhere,

Yeah, we stuck it out with ā€œSuccessionā€ at the urging of one of our sons. Now weā€™re hooked.

Now we are enjoying ā€œVanity Fairā€ on Prime

Revisiting an oldie but goodie - Doctor Foster. Only 2 short seasons. Suspensefulā€¦

My daughter and I just finished all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls. Neither of us had ever seen it so this ā€œCoronacationā€ gave us an opportunity to bond over a great series. We cried a ton during the last episode. Now we will watch the 4 Year in the Life episodes before my D moves back to her college town in a few weeks.

D and I just started watching this. I love seeing the homes and how people donā€™t blink an eye at the multimillion dollar prices! I used to like Million Dollar Listing (not sure if that one is still on) for the same reason.

We loved Gilmore Girls. Loved Rory and Lorelai, but also all the side characters/Stars Hollow residents.

Okay, so Iā€™ve never seen Mad Men except for maybe one or two epidosdes and just saw that it is leaving Netflix on 6/10! Itā€™s one of those that Iā€™ve always meant to watch but never got around to it. Started it yesterday. Can I finish 7 seasons in 5 days? Time will tell!

^Oh, my! I hope you can watch it all. I think thatā€™s my favorite show of all time.

My wife and I have been struggling to find shows we can enjoy together. I like dark; she doesnā€™t.

That said, we have wound up on kind of a Desi kick:

Never Have I Ever on Netflix, which we really loved (and actually watched more than two episodes at a time sometimes, something my wife rarely wants to do). What a coup it was finding the actress who plays the lead role, Devi ā€“ who was cast fresh out of high school, never having acted beyond high-school plays! Sheā€™s just perfect, and sells the whole series.

Made in Heaven, on Amazon. A Bollywood-ish series by a high-quality Bollywood creative team, Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagli. A soapy dramedy about a struggling wedding planning business in Delhi run by the social climbing wife of a billionaire jerk and a mostly-out, mostly-bankrupt gay man. Each episode features at least one elaborate wedding, which ensures tons of beautiful clothes and good music, as well as a fair amount of comedy. The drama comes from the central charactersā€™ lives and pasts, and also to some extent from the weddings.

Four More Shots, Please, also on Amazon. Billed as the Indian Sex and the City, which it pretty much is. Four privileged single women in Mumbai who are completely different but nevertheless fast friends. Short episodes, two seasons. Fun, fairly explicit, also lots of great clothes and music (but no dancing), and everyone is gorgeous.

Both of the Amazon shows are about half in English, so subtitles are useful.

Also, I want to put another vote in for The Half of It ā€“ a really high-quality teen anti-rom-com with pitch-perfect writing and acting. Netflixā€™s rom-com machine, like a great baseball player, only gets a hit about a third of the time, but this one is a home run.

@AwaysLearn, Mad Men was the first show I ever binged. Hooked me quickly on it, and on the binge experience. Gilmore Girls followed thereafter.

Apparently The Office and Parks and Recreation will leave Netflix by the end of the year. I hope I can fit in at least one of them.

Both are very funny, but if you only have time for one, The Office is a must see.

Somewhere upthread I mentioned Catherine The Great (in Russian w subtitles); that got me hooked on historical Russian dramas, and so I just finished Trotsky on Netflix. Trotsky is an eight episode mini-series, chronicling Trotskyā€™s rise, fall and ultimate demise.

@CMB625 - My D and I love Gilmore Girls. Weā€™ve watched the whole series several times through. It is a wonderful escape into a warm, cozy town with quirky friends we wish were really available to us in real life. Iā€™ll be curious to see your reaction to A Year in the Life. Some loved it and some didnā€™t.

I LOVE the last episode of season 7. Luke sewingā€¦aww.

The first time I watched the series, my oldest was heading off to college. This conversation between Rory and Lorelai literally had me bawling:

• Mom.
  • Yeah?
  • I don't get it.
  • What?

How can you be so okay with everything?
Ever since Iā€™ve told you that Iā€™m leaving,
youā€™re just all busy with shopping
and packing and you seem fine with it.

Itā€™s too soon.

What?

If I stop to think about you leaving now,
Iā€™m going to fall apart.

We still have time left.

Itā€™s too soon.

Here. Iā€™ll iron, you fold.

I kept super busy with packing lists and shopping for my oldest and felt this to my core! The first kid leaving is, of course, the worstā€¦

And now, all my kids have finished college!

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the series!

DW just binged the 2 seasons of Doctor Foster on Netflix. Each season is only 5 episodes, so the entire series is 10 episodes making it a fairly quick watch.

@psychmomma and @eb23282 We watched Doctor Foster last year because I wanted to see Jodie Comer in something else since we watch Killing Eve. We loved it, an episode a night, good twists/turns.

My new show is The Great on Hulu, historical based on some truth, graphic, funny. Some lines I keep thinking young Marcus/N Hoult from About A Boy, a movie I love, I realize heā€™s older but wow! Elle Fanning is good too.

And so many recommendations for Mad Men, I never gave it a chance. I like Jon Hamm in all the movies Iā€™ve seen The Town, Keeping up with the Joneses, Bad Times at the El Royale, Baby Driver, TV on 30 Rock. Now itā€™s leaving streaming.