Binge watched tv shows

I binge watched The Great and enjoyed it, even if it was only occasionally true. Loved the sets and costumes, great sense of humor too. The personalities really came through - hope there’s a second season.

@psychmomma YES, Luke sewing made me tear up and that conversation you mentioned made me bawl like a baby. My D said “Don’t worry Mom, in a few years there will be a pandemic and then Rory will have to come home for 3 months.” Haha, that just made me cry more. Honestly if it weren’t for the pandemic my D and I would have never had this chance. She is graduating this December and hasn’t been home more than a couple weeks at a time until this happened. I will check back in with you after we finish a Year in the Life!

It takes me awhile to finish even short series. :slight_smile: I’m a non-binger. :slight_smile:

But finished Mrs America tonight. Very, very much enjoyed it. One D has watched it and I’ll be encouraging my other D and my S to watch it.

I’ll be honest I lived through the time featured on the series and I am stunned that I don’t really remember much about it. Clearly my family growing up did not discuss politics!

Anybody watching Somebody Feed Phil? Very interesting escapist content.

I started The Americans on Amazon Prime a while ago, then stopped somewhere in the middle when I started social work school in August 2018. Started again from the beginning and wow wow wow! What an amazing show! Just finishing season 1 and happy that I have so much left!

Yeah, we came to The Americans late, watched it all last year. Fabulous show. We watched the first episode of Mad Men, and considered watching it, but at the time we were looking for something more cheery.

I binge watched The Americans when it was finishing up its last season. It was very hard to stay unspoiled since there were articles everywhere. So I hid out in front of the tv and streamed like mad.

you know; maybe I’ll go back to the Americans. I left after season 2; not sure why.

mad men is a top series. its underneath tone is not light. but it’s well worth the watch if you have the time. I’ll just say I liked the Mad Men ending; much more so than the game of thrones ending. (not that they were the same type of show; but that the ending to both was well talked about).

Finished Working Moms and going to start Seaside Hotel right after I watch the two episodes of CTM I have dvr’d. Since it’s been so nice recently I’m not watching nearly as much TV as I was before.

Loved Seaside Hotel. I signed up for the NPRSpecial (?) to see the last two season of Seaside Hotel. I then search for information and there are two new seasons. NPR (sorry–it is $14.99 a month if I forget to stop it.) The first episode of the 6th season is this Sunday.

@ams5796 started season 3 of “somebody feed Phil” - Chicago, London and South Korea episodes enjoyable

I just finished Island at War (old but good) and started The Liar, both on Amazon Prime.

Island at War was good. Real suspense and tension. I enjoyed seeing Sam Heughan (Outlander) as a younger man. The series was supposed to continue but I think the main writer/creator died.

Homefires was also good, but similarly it ended leaving us hanging.

Homefires, the PBS program about the British womens society during WWII, right?

They supposedly were gong to close out story arcs by publishing e-novellas at one point–never checked if that ever happened.

I bought the Home Fires book (you could buy all the novellas wrapped into one) and it is still sitting on my Kindle unread. I want to know what happened, but I haven’t prioritized it.

Last night I started watching “The Confession” on Amazon Prime (I think). It’s a really engrossing British series about a detective (Martin Freeman from Sherlock) solving a murder and the consequences for him. Also starring Siobhan Finneran, the woman who played O’Brien in Downtown Abbey, and Imelda Staunton. Based on a true story.

@TatinG Thanks for the Confession rec.; I am adding that to my list of ‘must-watch’ Brit. TV shows.

I also watched Homefires and was disappointed when it came to an abrupt end!

Confession is streaming on Brit Box.

If any of you can watch BBC, the sewing bee is delightful (bake off for sewers with less schmaltz)

Speaking of shows like the Great British Bake Off, I’ve recently binged The Big Flower Fight (British big flower and plant sculptures) and Blown Away (Canadian glass blowing) contest shows. I enjoyed both as I was looking for some escape from heavy subject matter.