Binge watched tv shows

Watching Riviera on Amazon. It’s a thriller involving a billionaire banking family focusing on the death of the patriarch and his wife ( Julia Styles) trying to determine what happened.

The scenery is magnificent. The clothing is too but occasionally I find myself thinking “Come on after what that’s character just went thru I find it impossible to believe they’d choose to wear that silk dress and heels instead of sweats and sneakers!”

Stick with The Americans. The last season is the best of all.

I agree, nothing is more satisfying than when the last season does the series justice.

Loved The Americans even when it was hard to watch.

We watched “The Hour”. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1778108/

It ended (was cancelled) VERY unfulfillingly. If that’s a word. Arghhh.

Oh, my, I turned on Lenox Hill and watched three episodes straight! I think it’s really good. I imagine all the neurosurgeons ARE men - I’m sure they would have filmed women if there had been any. They remind me of our next door neighbor, who’s a neurosurgeon. He’s not as affable, though. ?

I really liked Alone (1 season on netflix, 2 free on History). Nothing cerebral as it is when I exercise, but really interesting.

Anyone watching Hanna on Netflix? My husband had watched the first season and I never really watched it, but he got me hooked on the second season. Very interesting show!

I watched the first episode of Hanna when it first came out and meant to come back to it. I like the fact that there are now two seasons. It’s going on the list!

@Mainelonghorn, the producers of Lenox Hill made choices that to me are profoundly problematic. There are so many other ways that show could have been done.

One of my kids had brain surgery and I am grateful to the skilled male doc who saved her life. There WERE actually a few females in training, but most of them were men, sure.

I would have really enjoyed watching the segments on neurosurgery if the rest of the programming had been more attentive to gender (and perhaps to race as well). Maybe portray 4 specialties with gender parity, and leave out the labor and delivery scenes. Maybe give the female ER doc some more heroic scenes. Etc.

Or even just make it about the neurosurgeons and don’t try to include women docs in such an objectionable way.

We saw the first season on Hanna and have the 2nd on our watchlist. Glad to hear you liked season 2. We’ll probably get to it sometime this week.

Is Hanna on Netflix? I couldn’t find it.

@Iglooo sorry, my mistake, it is on Prime! Can’t keep up with all of these streaming networks, haha.

I just started the covid episode of Lenox Hill. I’m feeling horribly sick after just fifteen minutes.

Has anyone seen Kidding with Jim Carey on HBO? Addictive if you are craving something really, really different. A dark comedy.

I like dark comedies, but I found kidding unwatchable.

The Covid episode of Lennox Hill was not their best, IMO. That said, I understand after reading that they only used one or two people, rather than the whole crew and they only had only half a show compared to the other episodes. Also, the OB/GYN resident had already moved to CA. I really wanted some kind of update on the ER doctor who was pregnant again. I really liked how kind she was to her patients during the earlier episodes and I’m assuming she has had her baby by now. I wanted to know that she and the baby were okay. While it wasn’t as good as the other episodes, it did offer some interesting insights as to how things were going during their peak.

I was surprised how short it was. I haven’t watched any of the other episodes. Even with the short version, the covid episode (or other similar videos of what healthcare workers are going through) should be required watching for anyone who doesn’t think this is serious.

Fun show- Roswell, New Mexico. It reminds me a little of Vampire Diaries.

Also, Sneaky Pete. Those are our current unwinding tv shows.

I admit to skimming through the neurosurgeon sections. I liked a few of their patients but not the doctors or their stories. “Hi, I’m an extremely rich doctor, watch me play with my kids for the 10 minutes I’m home each week.”

There was one woman, who I assumed was a neurosurgeon, in the briefing one guy had with all the other vascular docs. I guess she could have been a nurse or operating assistant, or even a vascular doc.

Huge fan of actor Tobias Menzies, so a lot of my binging involves shows he’s been in. I’ve watched season 1 of Outlander so many times, I think I can say the lines along with them. Also the miniseries Rome (fantastic female lead performances by Polly Walker and Lindsay Duncan), season 1 of The Terror (meh), The Crown, and comedies Catastrophe (Amazon Prime-created by Sharon Horgan-really funny) and This Way Up (Hulu-created by Aisling Bea).

After watching Broadchurch, I became a fan of David Tennant. On a flight from London to NYC (This past Presidents’ Week- from our present perspective, I can’t believe we were traveling then, but who knew?), I watched a series called There She Goes, in which he plays the father of a girl with special needs. It was excellent but I don’t think it’s available on any of the typical streaming services. Apparently, it’s on Britbox, but I’m not sure what that is. Season 2 starts this week for those who can view BBC two.