Binge watched tv shows

@JZMOM2 you can get a subscription to Britbox through Amazon Prime. I think there’s a 7-day free trial and then it’s $6.99/mo. I really like David Tennant too and that show sounds really interesting to me.

Regarding the ER doc on Lenox Hill, I read an interview with her. She and baby 2 were fine and she worked telemedicine during the last part of her pregnancy and after.

I just started watching Lenox Hill last night. Unlike some of you, I liked the neurosurgery parts the most. Sorry but the ER doc was just doing social work, not really medicine. And the OB-GYN, was catching babies. (If they’d have had her do an exploratory laparotomy, something with some suspense, it would have been better).

The neurosurgery parts were the only medically fascinating scenes. The ‘story’ has to have drama. Will the person survive? Will he/she have deficits? Etc. etc. The filmmakers weren’t squeamish about showing an open skull, unlike the birthing scenes.

I haven’t gotten to the COVID episode yet.

I started watching Never Have I Ever today. I really am enjoying it except for the part that the actor playing Paxton is so obviously much older than high school age. Honestly I never understand casting much older performers for these roles.

Also started watching The Kominsky Method tonight and the husband and I both found it to be very entertaining.

The Mrs. and I just finished the Morning Show with Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Correll, etc. It’s one of the few that we watch together since our tastes are different.

@TatinG I liked the neurosurgery (male doc) parts (especially since one of my kids had brain surgery). But the ER and Ob/gyn parts (female docs) didn’t measure up. And that was exactly my point.

Anyway… I just watched Stateless on Netflix and found it moving. Critics may say that the series focuses on a white woman who is mistakenly in a detention camp, but I think the focus was fairly equal.

I would really like to watch The Sewing Bee but after searching and searching I can’t find a way to do, not even for a million dollars.

David Tennant is pretty terrific in the first season of Jessica Jones.

Express VPN lets you into BBC I player. It is not a cheap VPN but it does work.

@CMB625 I hate when they do that in shows. Cast someone who is 25 as a high schooler. But it is easier to cast actors above 18 because they can work full time, whereas child actors can only work a certain number of hours due to child labor laws

I stumbled on a reality show that is fascinating - Indian Matchmaking - on netflix. The matchmaker shows 3-4 families at a time, and the various biodata that is presented to the families as possible matches for their adult children. The families and kids range from very traditional to very modern. Relevant as many of our kids are dating/marrying age.

@psychmomma - Agree on Indian Matchmaking - I just watched the first 2 episodes last night. I was hooked 5 minutes in.

Oh, I just watched that, too! Very interesting although the matchmaker got on my nerves. As do some of the matchees although I really liked a couple. I did find the final episode less than satisfying.

If you find the subject of Indian matchmaking interesting, I highly recommend watching the 2014 documentary Meet The Patels. I found it very interesting and humorous.

Prime Video. “Beecham House”. However, a blurb here says it may or may not have a second season. Anyway, we have enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8451638/

2nd season of Deadwind (Finnish) has some odd leaps of faith. Gets odder as you reach the last episodes. Made me think that, as budget runs out, they lose the finer storytelling and editing drives. I’m not keen when any book or film does that.

Started AfterLife (Ricky Gervais.) Just the 1st episode, so far. Had me chuckling at even small bits. I often don’t find the same things funny that others do. So it’s nice to find a break from murder series.

^Or you just ran out of things to say? I just finished Deadwind. Still good enough to keep me occupied in a long flight.

@lookingforward, I liked AfterLife but it left me feeling sad. I heard there was supposed to be another season but it fell through. I think another season would have been helpful.

@doschicos I agree! Meet the Patels was great!!

Yes to the Indian Matchmaker, yes to Meet the Patel’s and Space Force. My 17 y/o D (who wants to work for NASA) and I are laughing our heads off watching Space Force.

“Perry Mason” currently on HBO. Really good! Fits the thread because we binged the first 4 episodes. :smile: