Binge watched tv shows

@MaineLonghorn We loved After Life, even the teary scenes. Many laughs here. But I thought I read a third season was confirmed, has that decision changed? One of our favorites this past year.

@3sonsmom oh you’re right! Good! I hope he finds some happiness. ?

I loved that show and am glad there will be another season!

Just finished Indian Matchmaking and really enjoyed it! Hope there is a Season 2.

Has anyone mentioned “State of the Union?” It’s ten 10-minute episodes. It won three Emmys. It’s a comedy about a British couple going for counseling to save their marriage. It’s on Sundance but you can get a free trial for seven days. We will probably watch all 100 minutes within a day. It’s so good.

I don’t remember if it’s been mentioned here, but I just finished binge watching all four seasons of the show “Better Things.” Pamela Adlon stars as an actress who is a single mother of three girls in L.A. I love her, and the supporting cast is wonderful. It’s quirky, funny, poignant and realistic. I highly recommmend it! It’s an FX show that I watched on Hulu.

For those who enjoy “Indian Matchmaking” there’s “A Suitable Girl” on Amazon Prime. It was filmed a few years before Indian Matchmaking and featured 3 girls’s journeys to marriage. One of the girls was Seema’s daughter.

Late to the party on some but I really liked Unorthodox (I hope there is a second season), finally watched all of the Handmaid’s Tale, United States of Tara (Hulu), The Mindy Project, and The Politician (Netflix).

I have to alternate the dark shows with lighter comedies. The Handmaid’s Tale just was a little too weird for right now to be honest (especially since my son decided to rewatch the Hunger Games and Maze Runner movies around the same time).

I may be the last one in America, but tonight I finished Friday Night Lights. I’m not a big TV watcher - or maybe I should say, I only indulge in limited quantity (like one show a night) but after a few months I finally completed it.

This series should be required watching for all Americans. So many topics covered with football involved but not the only draw. I’ll miss it!

Watched all of Love on the Spectrum today, in 98 degree heat. Found it moving, in some parts in a sad way, and in others a wonderfully happy way. I hope that this show educates the public a little but then again, I also wonder if autistic folks need to date other autistic folks, and the show gives that impression. Still, absorbing dating show.

@abasket - I resisted watching FNL when it first came out, but once we started it we were hooked. Tammy Taylor and Coach Taylor were one of the few married tv couples that portrayed a loving, yet challenging relationship. We’ve watched it over again every few years when nothing else new looks interesting to us. The entire cast is wonderful.

Anybody seen Stoneland, available on youtube? It’s about this very niche sport in Scotland where strongmen travel around the country to lift these legendary stones that have been around for in some cases hundreds of years. It sucks you in and you feel for these people! Only about 43 minutes long.

There is a companion movie called Fullsterkur. It’s about the same thing in Iceland, but links it all to their Viking heritage. A bonus is the stunning Icelandic countryside. This one’s 1. 5 hours long and can drag at times. But watching these two in AC is how we weathered a hot and tropically humid afternoon yesterday!!

Yes, I loved that series. I didn’t see all of the episodes, so maybe I’ll go back and watch it again. The producers of the movie version followed my high school team for a season before making the movie - I didn’t know that when I went to see it. I kept thinking, “Wow, this is so realistic!” and then I saw the credits at the end about my high school and read up on it later.

@abasket I adore Friday Night Lights. I have watched it through twice and I’m thinking it is time for a third watch of it. It is such a good series!

Haven’t read the thread back but, Sharp Objects (Amy Adams) and The Night Of (with John Tuturro). If you like suspense, crime dramas. Loved character development in the latter.

? Indian Matchmaking. Short episodes, quick binge!

Just curious where everyone is watching Friday Night Lights. It’s so disappointing to get excited about programs mentioned here, only to find that it’s only available on a subscription service that I don’t have.

I watched FNL on Hulu.

Foodie alert–watch the Inn at Little Washington PBS documentary. (We watched it on Amazon Prime.) It focuses on the chef/owner Patrick O’Connell–how he started the restaurant, its history, and his quest for Michelin stars. H and I really enjoyed it.

^ @Bromfield2 thanks for the suggestion “the Inn at Little Washington” 
enjoyable

Haven’t watched the show but we’ve been to the Inn at Little Washington to stay and have dinner twice. Fantastic food and service.