Binge watched tv shows

Because of a list of streaming SciFi shows that I found online, I have started watching 12 Monkeys on Hulu. It’s based on the Bruce Willis movie but considerably different plot line. Dystopian pandemic future and time travel. It’s not perfect but has certainly kept me watching.

Other streaming shows in the list that I’ve watched include Orphan Black. Firefly, Fringe, and Doctor Who. Based on the description, I have added Counterpart on Amazon Prime to my watch list.

@MaineLonghorn We watched and enjoyed State of the Union. Rosamund Pike I love in the movies I’ve seen (Gone Girl multiple views, awesome).

Friday Night Lights I’ve seen the series once, memorable since it started when my oldest was a high school freshman and he played football (14 years ago!). Top 5 favorite series for us.

@Mom2jl I found Better Things last year, except for the 2 daughters getting on my nerves, Pamela is a great writer, unique show, love most of her friends.

I just finished Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime. Be forewarned, it’s violent. But if you liked Narcos, you would probably like this one.

I had never heard of any of the actors other than Gabriel Byrne but Dane DeHaan and Andrea Riseborough were excellent. The odd hairdo on Riseborough was pretty distracting, though. I couldn’t figure out how it stayed in place :smiley:

@Marilyn - Give Counterpart a chance. It took me a few episodes to get into, but after that I really enjoyed it.

Enjoyed “Bonus Family” on Netflix. Great study on family life. 3 Seasons. Sad that it ended. Swedish with subtitles.

I have 11 episodes of The Americans left…sigh. I have been rationing them out–the perfect self-care to transition from work at home to home at home. I think I’ll shell out for HBO for a while and watch The Sopranos when I finally finish. Thank you for my friend (here and in-person) @amylou2 for the suggestion. I watched it here and there a zillion years ago and I know it will engage me!

Recommend The Keepers. A documentary series about the murder of a high school girl at a Catholic school. Very well done.

Was on HBO so should be bingeable now, but “Perry Mason”.

We are also enjoying Perry Mason. We get more of the references than DD does since we remember the original.

We almost gave up on Perry Mason after the first e episodes or so. Much better now

Been getting seasons of Vera from our local library (contactless pickup). 90 min episodes, 4 per season. Between that and Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu, we seem to have plenty to watch.

Just started a new series on Amazon Prime (a friend whose husband is British recommended it)–Blue Murder. It’s a British crime drama based in Manchester–the protagonist is a single mother who’s newly promoted to Chief Inspector. She’s jugging her new job, being a single-parent, and coping with her ex-husband. Watch two episodes. So far, I like it.

Amazon Prime - Silent Witness It is a 21 season, BBC drama, set in a pathology lab.
It is quite engaging, and Tom Ward ain’t too hard on the eyes!

Ok, watched indian Matchmaking and it is kinda charming. I understand there’s been a lot of chat about how it skips the very real, even tougher stresses.

Now started Blacklist. So far, I’ll stick with it.

If you like Indian Matchmaking then try “Made in Heaven” which is about a fictional match making company in New Delhi. Great characters.

Thinking of bingeing on Yellowstone. Any reviews here?

@gouf78 D1 said she’s loving Made in Heaven.

If you have athletic recruit type kids, try Last Chance U on Netflix (follows players, coaches, admins in Juco football programs). Contrast that world with the world CC athletic families live in!

@BKSquared love Last Chance U!! I am addicted, can’t get D to watch it, but I am the sports fanatic, she is not.
@Panhandlegal1 Obsessed with Yellowstone!!! I need a Rip in my life! The scenery is pure eye candy and interesting characters with incredible music, (I am a huge fan of Red Dirt county)
@lookingforward I loved Made in Heaven, could not get D21 to watch it with me. Can’t wait for the next season.

Yellowstone - one of the very few series that my wife and I will watch together.