Binge watched tv shows

@newpreironic I watched one season (or 2?) of Instant Hotel - is there more???

My D and I watched Indian Matchmaking. I actually missed the first two episodes but easily jumped in. Interesting. Not sure how believable. Sure wrapped up weird. It was like they only had one reel of tape left so they had to hurry along and quick wrap things up! We did a little research to see the status of some of the couples. Not too successful!!! :wink:

“Belgravia” on Epix (subscription through Prime)

Belgravia was good, but not great. I’ve stopped watching Silent Witness, in recent seasons it has become a little too SVU for my taste.
Now looking for something great!

Giri Haji on Netflix is a thriller about a Japanese detective that’s set in Tokyo and London. I’m finally finishing my West Wing binge (all 7 seasons) and a friend said this was one of the best shows she has watched in years. She’s a person who doesn’t hand out praise lightly. This one is next up on my list.

Just finished 12 Monkeys on Hulu (four seasons) and really enjoyed it, considering it was an apocalyptic pandemic time travel show. The characters were very well drawn, and the show was fairly cohesive. Seemingly insignificant events in the first episodes played out in the series finale, which was quite satisfying. Unlike, for example, Lost, which still can make me mad.

We were looking for something different to watch and found Ravi Patel’s Pursuit of Happiness on HBO Max.

We’ve only watched the first two episodes (of 4) but are really enjoying it. We found the topics about aging, retirement, family, raising children, etc from different cultural backgrounds/expectations interesting with a bit of humor.

Ok, almost done with Blacklist.

Hope I’m not repeating myself, but IMO the first season (maybe the first few, I forget, now that I’m some 100+ episodes in,) has brilliant moments. In particular, the subtleties directors got out of some actors.

Later seasons get so formulaic. You can see where they stretch a thin plot. Too bad. But the earliest are worth watching.

Reality + Realty + Real Housewives.

I’ve never watched any of the Housewives shows. I like reality tv. I like shows about real estate. My daughter started watching Selling Sunset on Netflix when she was home and sucked me in a bit. Upscale realtors (all younger knockout LA women) working for a reality company that sells elite real estate to elite buyers. Lots of drama too. I’m a few episodes in and it’s a great mindless look into a WHOLE other world than the midwest living!!! :slight_smile:

We liked Selling Sunset, too. It’s funny how over the top those women seem compared to my midwest life. It’s fun to see the gorgeous homes. And all in the hills - definitely a far cry from our corn field surroundings.

Million Dollar Listing LA and NY are fun too. Some people clearly have more money than they know what to do with!

Son is an engineer and does not like Big Bang Theory. However, he’s raved about the IT Crowd. Started watching IT Crowd on Netflix.

Strangely, I find it to be an older, British version of Big Bang Theory! Two nerds work with an attractive female, they try to teach her about technology (she is their boss but knows NOTHING about computers) while she tries to teach them about how to act in social situations, dating, etc. Sounds familiar.

Cannot wait to give my son a hard time about his dislike of BBT but his love of its clone.

.We loved the IT Crowd. A few very weird things happen in the show that made us cringe, but otherwise it’s wonderful. Our favorite part is the recording they play whenever an employee calls with ANY computer issue - “Have you turned it off and back on again?”

@abasket We have been watching a lot of “fluffy” reality TV lately. We watched Selling Sunset, but like Million Dollar Listing much more. D2 and I are watching the current season of the Real Housewives of New York and we are re-watching The Hills right now.

@showmom858 Million Dollar Listing keeps being recommended to me when I load up Netflix. I can only do one fluff show at a time! :slight_smile:

Sounds exactly like the IT help desk at my former employer but they called it a “power cycle”. I guess to make it sound better. :sunglasses:

We are currently watching “The Morning Show” on apple tv. We’ve only seen a few of the first episodes, but we are hooked. Lots of great actors.

Our guilty pleasure recently was “Dead to Me.” Can’t wait for the second season. The first season cliffhanger was
awesome.

eta: We loved “Never have I ever”. We have 2 daughters, and this was a fun watch. Can’t wait for the next season.

The second season has been out for a while. It is equally good (crazy, sort of slap stick, but funny)

^I thought the second season was better.

Oh, I got excited for a second and then I realized I mis-spoke. :-/ We have watched both seasons, and I was talking about the second season cliffhanger. Loved both seasons, and looking forward to the 3rd.

We just started Better Call Saul (we binge watched Breaking Bad a while ago) and like it so far.