Binge watched tv shows

@amsunshine I LOVED The Morning Show. It is supposed to come back for another season in November. Here’s hoping. I’m worried that new fall TV will be almost non-existent.

I know I’m behind, but I’m just finishing up Billions. The last season didn’t get finished before the virus hit and there is no announced date for the rest of the season (5)

I just finished Billions shortly ago, and started Homeland. Kind of interesting to see Axe again so soon!

The new Peacock network is worth checking. But not easily intuitive, yet.

They have season 7 of Blacklist, but like Masterpiece Theater, you catch it when they release or they expire. Right now, instead of season 7, episode 1, it’s at some episode in the teens. If anyone knows a workaround, please let me know.

Do you remember the Eco Challenge from years ago? Following the adventure racers in Borneo, New Zealand, British Columbia, etc. It’s back on Amazon Prime. The World’s Toughest Race: Eco Challenge Fiji 2020. It’s unbelievable what these racers go through, biking through mud, climbing waterfalls etc. Sleep? Food? Dry feet? No time for that, gotta keep moving. 10 episodes. Engrossing.

For home type shows, try Maine Cabin Masters. Fixing up old “camps” in Maine, usually on water. I’ve watched most episodes more than once.

We’ve now watched two episodes of Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. Just what we needed! Not dark. Kind of sweet. And the soundtrack is great. :slight_smile:

We just finished watching Watchmen, the tv show on HBO.

Wow! We really enjoyed it, which surprised us a lot. We actually had watched the first two episodes in Dec 2019. At that time it didn’t connect with us.

Fast forward to Sept 2020, where we plan on getting rid of HBO. We’re looking for anything that sounds interesting before we drop it. Watchmen has a 95% Rotten Tomatoes rating so we decide to give it another try. We start at episode 1 because pre-pandemic seems like a long, long time ago…and we need a refresher.

Well, this time around the show really resonated with us. It has very timely themes and is well done!

I’m not sure if someone else already pointed this out, but for any Last Tango in Halifax fans, Season 5 is finally airing, after several years since Season 4! PBS, Sunday, September 20.

It’s been so long since Season 4 I may have to binge watch the last few episodes to remind me where it left off!

Thank you! I love that show!

Thanks for the reminder! I loved that show. Time for a refresher.

We liked Young Wallander ( on Netflix ) - so far there’s only one season available. Its a modern day prequel to the Wallander series.

Ozark

Breaking Bad

Anything done by Ken Burns (his daughter attended St. Paul’s School)

Can anyone recommend shows similar to Ozark & Breaking Bad ?

I’m currently a couple of episodes in to “Away” on Netflix. It’s pretty good so far, but Hilary Swank spends an inordinate amount of time on the phone to her family back on Earth. I have to suspend disbelief a lot…

Just finished 3 seasons/30 episodes of Borgen on Netflix. Danish political drama, pretty relevant these days. A friend recommended it and I kind of couldn’t stop watching it.

@Publisher Try Bloodline, if you haven’t seen it yet.

@Publisher we love ozark and breaking bad. I’m sure you’ve seen Better Call Saul and Sopranos?

My kids enjoy Narcos. It’s probably too gritty for me. H and I have been enjoying Teenage Bounty Hunters. Not the same thing, but it’s fun. But a warning that it does poke fun at the religious right.

@Publisher -we kind of got hooked on Designated Survivor (like we did with Ozark) on Netflix- just finishing the first season.

Also Lucifer on Netflix is surprisingly good. Actors and story are very different. Lucifer is the devil but not what you imagine…

“Episodes”. Satire of Hollywood, a TV show and Matt LaBlanc playing himself. Raunchy at times. But we can’t stop watching. LOL.
Anyone else?

We are also watching Designated Survivor and enjoy it. When we just want to watch something short we turn on Episodes. It is very funny.

I’m also watching Borgen. I’m in the middle of season 1, and enjoying it.

I loved Episodes and was sad when it ended.