Binge watched tv shows

Anyone watching Season 6 of Shameless–it started two weeks ago. I have enjoyed the series, but I dont know if the writers can continue to keep it going. I guess I will wait to see how this season plays out–still find Frank to be the most compelling character on the show. William H. Macy is an extremely talented actor.

@NYMomof2 Downton abbey is a good series on prime and mr selfridge, also enjoyed hand of god and big love

Currently bingeing on The Wire, one of the best series ever!!!

@partyof5 I agree with you. I think that The Wire is the best written and best acted series to ever be on tv. The ensemble cast was excellent and I love seeing everything that they have done since those days in Baltimore.

One of these days I am going to rewatch The Wire. I think I saw some of it out of order, and even missed parts, because at the time it was on DVDs from our library. It is, undoubtedly, one of the best ever.

@NYMomof2, I can’t imagine not liking Mozart in the Jungle, but if you don’t, you may not like Treme either. (I guess it depends what you don’t loke about MITJ. :slight_smile: ) But you should give it a shot. It’s wonderful.

Have you seen Bosch? Very good series based on Michael Connolly’s Harry Bosch novels.

Oh, and if you like The Good Wife, I heartily recommend Madam Secretary.

@Consolation, is MITJ on Netflix? I have just started using Netflix for more than just shows for my grandchildren :slight_smile: so I will have to have a look through it. Treme is one of my favorites so I’m anxious to see MITJ. Same with Bosch. My H and I love those books. We choose one to listen to in the car on road trips.

Have just started watching The Walking Dead. I wasn’t sure at all that I would like it but it seems like one of those shows that grabs you and you can’t stop watching!

Must be time for my semi-annual paean to Omar - the Best TV Character Ever in one of the Best Series Ever.

@scout59 Yes I love Omar! There are so many characters, that I absolutely love. If I had to pick a few Omar, Boddie, Snoop, Stringer, and Michael. I absolutely detested Marlo, Cheese, and Barksdale.

@alwaysamom, MITJ is on Amazon Prime. I watch it on putlocker.

Well, I did like Billions and read it gets better with episodes 3.

Prime also has the Man in High Tower and Transparency (I watched the former and a few eps of the latter–which was different than I expected but has too much sexual content/adult lang for my house w kids).

@partyof5 - I loved Stringer Bell, too (but who doesn’t like Idris Elba?) And Bunk. And Fletcher, the cop who made doll furniture.

@scout59 , yes, Bunk and Fletcher were favs too!

Of course Bunk and Fletcher (and others to a lesser extent) show up with big roles in Treme. Both shows are David Simon productions.

I had a tough time getting through half the pilot for “Billions” without falling asleep. Is it worth hanging in there? The writing is quite underwhelming so far.

What helped was watching a second time, paying more attention. It’s cat and mouse, with each side thinking they can out cat the other. But each is vulnerable. It’s not as linear as other shows. I’ll keep watching.

I’m like 8 hours into a Younger binge.

I’m watching The Missing on Amazon Prime - I think it was recommended last year by @ Doschicos (thanks!). Set mostly in France it is a BBC/ Starz series about a missing child. It reminds me a bit of The killing in terms of the pace and depth of how the story unfolds, obviously a dark topic but am halfway through and watching two episodes at a time. Concurrently binging on Madam Secretary and Elementary, both of which are not to DH’s taste. Incidentally, we moved a few months ago and went entirely to Netflix and (accidentally) Amazon Prime with access to kids Hulu Plus account. Not missing live tv at all so far!

@Onetogo2 Glad you are enjoying it. Dark but amazing acting I thought.

I need to check out Elementary next.

Hubby and I recently enjoyed watching Meet the Patels, a humorous, interesting documentary. It’s on netflix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c51aFAaNk4

Loved Meet the Patels.