Binge watched tv shows

Okay, I have truly been binging on The Walking Dead. Am now on Season 5! Does anyone else here watch it?

Can anyone tell me how I watch the following (what do I need to access?)

Wire
Mozart in the Jungle

FYI - currently addicted to binge watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix. I never watched the show on TV

The Wire is on Netflix.

Mozart in the Jungle is an Amazon production - you can watch free it if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.

The Wire is also on Amazon prime. S got a student account (half price) and we all log in to watch shows/movies.

Just finished Grantchester on Amazon. I really liked it-anyone else watch?

Also finished Bosch, thanks to whoever recommended it. Another good one.

Watching Worricker Trilogy now-so far so good. Yes, I do like British mysteries!

Has anyone mentioned Nurse Jackie? I just watched all seven seasons due to the blizzard and bronchitis. It’s a fascinating view of prescription drug addiction.

@Marylandfour

My local PBS station aired “Grantchester” last year. I loved it. Looking forward to a second season. The lead actor is the doppelganger of Zach Gilford (Matt Saracen from “Friday Night Lights”)!

@LucieTheLakie, I am so happy there is to be a second season-can’t wait!

I hear so many good things about Friday Night Lights but haven’t seen it yet. I really don’t care for football, but maybe I will check it out soon.

Watching Amazon Prime

Do you have to get an Amazon fire stick to plug into your TV?

Or do you all do something that streams onto your laptops and then you plug the laptop into your TV somehow?

I don’t really like to ‘watch’ shows or movies on my laptop. I only watch one thing live streaming once a year (Merrie Monarch Hula Competition) and it’s a pain to keep pressing the ‘Enter’ key so the screen doesn’t go to sleep

Can you tell that I really don’t spend much time trying to get all this technology to work?? It’s too much bother to try to go buy all these dang cords that are needed to connect X to Y

Re Grantchester, from the PBS website:
The series is based on the acclaimed novels by James Runcie, and will return to MASTERPIECE Mystery for a second season, Sundays, March 27-May 1, 2016, 9pm ET on MASTERPIECE on PBS.

I am trying to stretch Nurse Jackie out. Really enjoying it. Just finished Season 4 last night.

A very good friend of my sister-in-law is the sister of the actor who plays Jackie’s husband. My brother and sister-in-law got to meet him. I’m so jealous!

Edie Falco and the actor who plays the pharmacist (sorry, I can’t remember names right now) were both in “The Sopranos.” I recommend the latter for this reason but also because it’s very entertaining.

Yes, Edie Falco played Carmela Soprano, the wife of the main character, Tony Soprano.

@marylandfour, like you I didn’t think Texas football would appeal to me, so I was not a Friday Night Lights viewer, that is until last Friday when the blizzard hit nj,
Well, let me tell you, as others have proclaimed, this is a quality tv series, and the football is just a backdrop for the real drama. The way the show is edited, and the pace of the plot is extraordinary. I have been “living” in Dillon, Texas for the past week!!!
“Hey” ya’ all, I highly recommend

@zoeydoggie isn’t Nurse Jackie outstanding, love Zoe :wink:

@Marylandfour, although I happen to love football, that really isn’t what the show is about. I actually starting watching it during the first season because a television critic insisted it isn’t “a show about football.” Even the Brits love it, and we all know what they think of “American football”! :slight_smile:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2012/feb/13/friday-night-lights

That’s a great review, Lucie. I was wondering what to start next-looks like Friday Night Lights!

@coralbrook, I have watched amazon on the desktop, laptop, and use the app on my ipad while I cook dinner.
No need to refresh, the program stays on the entire time on any of those devices. I haven’t looked into a way to watch on the tv yet.

@coralbrook - we bought an internet ready flat screen 4 or 5 years ago and followed the onscreen instructions to connect it to the home internet - just watch everything on that. Actually, now I think about it, t’s probably not quite that simple because there’s a DVD player hooked up too and I think perhaps the things get streamed through that. The technology still baffles me but as long as it’s all working 

Love Nurse Jackie but have run out of episodes, also loved Friday Night Lights which is a major time consuming binge. Look forward to trying Grantchester, Meet the Patels and Worricker. Watching MITJ too but DH is not keen. Have also watched Catastrophe on Amazon - thought the first couple of episodes pretty funny but liked the later ones less.

I read somewhere that there’s a new season of Catastrophe coming soon.

I felt the same way about Friday Night Lights upon initially hearing about it. But on a recent rainy weekend, I decided to watch it and was hooked. Finished the series in a few days. A Top 50 TV series of all time, in my opinion.

@coralbrook I watch Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu on a Samsung Smart TV that I got a couple of years ago that all of those can be streamed to directly. If you don’t want to buy a new TV you can get one of the sticks that attach to the back of the TV you already have, like the Amazon Fire stick or Google Chromecast, or get a Roku box or Apple TV. Of those, I’ve heard the best things about Roku, but others may want to weigh in on that.

Whoever recommended Mozart in the Jungle, thank you! I’ve already watched the entire first season and am almost done with the second. I love, love, love it! I especially love Gael Garcia Bernal :slight_smile:

Nurse Jackie was amazing solely due to the acting of Edie Falco. Wonderful.

Lots of discussion about FNL over on the Parenthood thread (Jason Katims was show runner for both shows, as well as for About a Boy). I loved it and watched it in real time as it aired, but may have to start from scratch one of these days for a refresher. Based on the CC consensus, love of FNL is a mandatory CC requirement :wink: