Binge watched tv shows

Another shoutout for Call my agent. Better Paris scenery than Emily and it’s actually funny. The actors are all very famous (Isabelle Huppert and Monica Bellucci may be the most famous internationally) and play fictionalized versions of themselves, in synch with their actual personality but riffing off it.

I watched some Emily In Paris last night. Agree it’s light, quick and worth it for the Paris scenery, stereotypes (everyone smokes!) and baguette and croissant features. :slight_smile:

Has this been released yet? I saw a trailer online and it looks good but when I searched Roku, it didn’t come up anywhere.

@amsunshine , now when I think back I think the podcaster said she watched it on HBO Max??

@abasket I watched Love Life – entertaining, light fare. Adorable Anna Kendrick navigating dating and career in NYC. Easy to watch, not brilliant tv or anything, but engaging portrayal of life in the city for 20 somethings.

And so much alcohol. Alcohol everywhere. How does one drink all the time and still look so fabulous the next day.

We started Call My Agent after hearing about it here. We really like it. I recognize the smallest bits of french from hs/college, and am enjoying hearing the language, although we need the subtitles.

While it’s not actually binging, H and I are enjoying watching older shows that we never saw when our kids were young - right now, we are watching daily doses of “Any Day Now.” I’d never heard of this show, but I highly recommend it. Even though it’s 20 years old, it’s about the most relevant show I’ve seen during the pandemic. Annie Potts and Lorraine Touissant play women who were best friends growing up in Birmingham during the 60’s. They had a falling out after HS (this is in the first episode), but resume their friendship when Lorraine’s character, a high powered attorney, returns home to take over her civil rights lawyer dad’s legal practice after his death. Annie married her childhood sweetheart, never went to college and is a housewife. Every episode features a flashback to some experience they shared growing up and they are spot on, from the racist cops pulling Lorraine’s mom over juxtaposed with adult Lorraine being pulled over by a racist cop and forced to lie on the ground to the episode about Kennedy’s assassination, which my husband said perfectly portrayed what it was like to hear the news as a school aged child (he was in 2nd grade)… Sadly, there was a reference to “knee in the back” in the pullover episode. Anyway, it’s a great show and I look forward to each episode eagerly. I want my kids to watch it…

And, now for something quite unique, anyone else, feeling the need to be calmed lately?

It’s a food show? It’s a zen , ASMR, constructed cooking show? It’s lovely.

Peaceful Cuisine

https://www.thekitchn.com/the-most-relaxing-youtube-cooking-channel-251361

^^^ I like that concept! I would be more likely to watch these pulled up on my tv rather than on a device situation since they are longer (like 15 minutes)

ive been binge watching alot lately. watched** Emily in Paris **; liked the strong independent lead role; but it is quite unrealistic. Watching **Mr. Robot /b as my S15 likes it. Interesting and intense. My DH started **Fargo ** and loves it. I just finished the last season of Poldark. hmmmm. I liked the series; sad its over. Now I’m watching on Prime utopioa it’s sort of a horror/sci-fi/dark comedy. It was made before the Covid pandemic - it’s about a pandemic - and they make sure to note at the beginning that it is NOT about current events or related to current events.

but what I’m most excited about is live & weekly: the Amazing Race. I’ll be watching this with my D23. She wants to try out some day.

Having a new episode of the Great British Bake Off appear on Netflix every Friday night is a great way to start our weekend.

DH and I are trying SO hard to like Succession, but we just don’t. We are 2 episodes into Season 2, and will make ourselves finish it with the hope that we will get to where there is a character we can stand!

We’ve binged through two seasons of Fargo and loved every minute. But, we’re two episodes into season three and wondering what happened. Can anyone comment: Does this season eventually hold up, or should we skip to season 4 which we hear is fantastic (Chris Rock)?

I watched Any Day Now when it was originally on and I loved it and I thought I was the only who had ever seen it. I looked for it online a while ago and couldn’t find it. So where are you it watching it ? I would love to watch it again. Thanks

We are currently loving The Mindy Project. It is mostly silly and makes us all giggle a lot, which is perfect for us right now.

Loved “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix. 7 episode miniseries . Loved every minute. Watch the trailer and see if it draws you in.

Starting “Emily in Paris” and characters seem nice but so far is totally based on the “French hate Americans” trope and “Americans are clueless and French don’t tolerate anybody” that I’m losing it. Probably canning it.

Yup. We binged it this weekend. Great watch. Sorry it’s over.

We also enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit. Highly recommend.