Binge watched tv shows

Just saw that the Great British Bake Off’s new Christmas series on Netflix (2 episodes) has an episodes with the cast of Derry Girls. W and I cannot wait to watch!

We just started watching the Christmas edition last night, starting with season 1. It’s fun to see returning contestants after many years.

We have the last episode of “The Undoing” to watch. It’s really good.

2 Likes

I thought that The Crown was very good at portraying the tragic marriage of Charles and Diana. Both of them have flaws (Charles, his priggishness and selfishness, Diana her desire to be watched and validated). The scene (spoiler) where she gives him a tape of her singing “All I Ask of You” is just painful. Charles definitely treated her badly but at the same time, he was strong-armed into marrying her. I remember at 15 or so getting up at 4 in the morning to watch the wedding live on TV at the lodge of the MN resort we went to every summer. At the time, no one mentioned that a 19-year-old bride with a 30-year-old groom was kind of weird.

The actress who plays Diana has her mannerisms and side gaze down pat. Excellent. Also, the issue of her eating disorder is handled unflinchingly. What a sad figure.

1 Like

Regarding the Undoing - Hold on tight - the last episode is a good one :slight_smile:

Oh boy! Great production, great acting. Just wow.

1 Like

I feel like I finally hacked my way through the impenetrable forest of the new CC…and found you. Yay.

1. For other fans of Nordic Noir, Wisting is very good. Amazon Prime. 2. Anyone else make it through Blacklist to see the very last (so far) episode? I thought it was a brilliant idea.

corrected “last”

2 Likes

Anything we need to watch on Disney+ (after hubby finished The Mandalorian) before cancelling? We have already seen Hamilton 3x. Also enjoyed a few movies, including Up an Black Beauty.

H and I watched Sound of Music which is on Disney Plus. We piggyback off D’s memberships. H has also enjoyed watching the Simpsons and Star Wars and Marvel on Disney Plus.

I watched Toy Story 4, some very old movies like Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, That Darn Cat, The Absent-minded Professor, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (especially hilarious given how far we’ve come with computing) and others. Fun to revisit my childhood and perfect viewing for my mom.

Yeah I’ve been meaning to watch some of the old Disney movies on there

H and I have been watching The Right Stuff miniseries on Disney+ and we are enjoying it.

Watching the end of the first season of Umbrella Academy. I think it is really well done. Not sure where it is going.

Has anyone watched the new season (11) of Shameless (it will be the last)? I just saw that Showtime released it last week. I have gotten so used to streaming that I hate waiting for a new episode.

Has anyone watched the first episode of Your Honor on Showtime with Bryan Cranston? We watched it the other night and loved it. Bryan Cranston is an incredible actor and that is more than evident here.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning The Right Stuff, showmom858. I’m guessing it’s about the space program and will check it out.

1 Like

I just finished “A Suitable Boy”, a 6 episode BBC series directed by Mira Nair adapted from the book by Vikram Seth. Outstanding story and cast. I was disappointed that it only had 6 episodes, didn’t want it to end.

1 Like

Dug out our DVDs while our cable was out for seven days. We’re enjoying “thirtysomething” although it’s kind of surreal. When it came out in 1987, I was 25 and had no children yet. Hope, one of the main characters, had her baby at 30. I liked watching what my future might be like (and it was very similar since our oldest came on my 30th birthday).

Now I am a little younger than Hope’s parents were in the show and DH is older than they were. How did that happen??

6 Likes

I just discovered that The Sarah Jane Chronicles is available on HBO Max, which we have. I’m a Whovian but never watched that series so very excited. People on the Doctor Who tv boards often referenced how good it was.

Thanks to our <2 yr old LG TV and a clueless (as well as rude - addressed me as “sweetie” in a nasty tone after I explained we’d already power cycled before calling) CSR in Costco’s concierge tech center, we may not be watching anything for a while. Pop-up messages suddenly began to appear saying the TV was disconnected/connected from the wired LAN. Nothing else was showing any sign of problems, only the LG TV. A check of several forums shows this has been a problem for several years and LG has no real fix. Wish I’d known that last year.

I wanted to go back to Mandalorian on Disney+ but it no longer works on the LG and I don’t like watching shows on my computer instead of a large screen. First world problems and all, I know, but it’s still annoying.

1 Like