Binge watched tv shows

Thanks

We completed the 2nd (and final) season of Counterpart. It was sometimes confusing, since most of the actors are playing the same character in different worlds (sometimes swapping places). But my husband and I both really liked it.

1 Like

Weā€™ve been watching ā€œDesignated Survivorā€. Timely!

2 Likes

Did think of ^ last night and some of the plot twists.

Rewatching ā€˜Impostersā€™ because it was so good.

1 Like

Iā€™m really enjoying Cobra Kai. Itā€™s an intelligent examination of how coasting on past glories can ruin your life, while at the same time feeding on nostalgia. And it complicates the simplistic hero/villain dichotomy. Itā€™s a witty twist on high-school sitcom tropes and the idealization of Southern California in the 80s (now a shabby consumerist dystopia in the show). Iā€™ve only watched the first season, but it shows how the ā€œwinnersā€ lie to themselves.

1 Like

@NJSue. My husband started Cobra Kai this week and said itā€™s very good. I told him to watch, he was a fan of Karate Kid movies (I like Ralph Macchio in other movies).
I was watching Bridgerton alone (historical/romance not his genre) and finished last week. Great cast, production and then started Poldark after reading an article ā€œshows to watch if you enjoyed Bridgertonā€. Highly recommend and was there an award for best villain/nemesis?! I want to visit Cornwall some day, the rocky coast scenes :heart:

3 Likes

without reading all 4500 posts as Iā€™m sure itā€™s been discussed, whatā€™s the verdict on Schittā€™s Creek? It got rave reviews from family and I just watched the first 3 episodes. Funny, but not ā€œOMG you have to see thisā€ funny. Do I stick with it, yea or nay?

Opinions really vary! Some people love it from day one. Others say it gets better. Iā€™ve watched quite a few episodes and am not a huge fan. Seems kind of sophomoric to me, TBH. I still watch an episode occasionally, but only if I canā€™t find something else Iā€™d rather watch. Iā€™m still binging on Friday Night Lights for now (gosh, does it bring back memories from my Texas high school!!).

Anyone have any recommendations for Netflix/Amazon/Disney etc shows/series? Have any favourites? I just finished watching Yellowstone on AmazonPrime - and it was amazing! Looking forward to season 4!

We are in a formal lockdown again, so I thought I would share some of my favourites.

Yellowstone (AmazonPrime)
The Crown (Netflix)
Queenā€™s Gambit (Netflix)
Atypical (Netflix)
The Right Stuff (Disney+)
Money Heist (Netflix)
Grace and Frankie (so cuteā€¦ Netflix)

Any recommendations?

Take care - stay safe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My daughters have been urging me to watch Schittā€™s Creek for ages. I watched the first two episodes and stopped. I recently resumed and absolutely love it. In fact I sort of wish I could move my family into a motel :slight_smile: I think that if you keep going you will start seeing some growth in the characters. Season 1 may be less engaging than the others. The ending of season two really made me kind of teary, in a good way. Iā€™m almost done Season 3.

7 Likes

Schittā€™s Creek is amazing!!! Keep with it!

1 Like

Yes! Ted Lasso is excellent!

3 Likes

Watch the first and last episode from season 1 then go through every episode season 2 onward.

2 Likes

Stick with it - I found it got better as the first season progressed.

If you are a sci-fi fan:

Altered Carbon (Netflix)
Man in the High Castle (Amazon)

If you have not watched or want to watch again:

The Americans (Amazon)

Historical dramas

Vikings (Amazon): Viking raids on England from Viking PoV
The Last Kingdom (Netflix): Viking raids on England from Saxon PoV
Qin Empire Alliance (Netflix): Warring States period about 100 years before the First Emperor
My Country (Netflix): Korea at the time of the founding of their last dynasty, Joseon, around the end of the 14th century
Peaky Blinders (Netflix); Follows gang of Irish Travellers post WW1

1 Like

I thought it was funny from the start but it wouldā€™ve gotten old pretty quickly if it didnā€™t evolve. The characters really develop depth as the show progresses to the point I loved all of them. And because of that the humor is better too. Itā€™s one of the few sitcoms where I like all the charactersā€“even the ones I didnā€™t like at first.

3 Likes

The fun of Schittā€™s Creek is watching the Roses gradually, bit by bit, become better persons.
Itā€™s tough to hate them ā€“ they are completely clueless regarding how shallow they are.

8 Likes

I am watching Schittā€™s Creek based on recommendations here and from a relative. Probably would have quit after an episode or two without the encouragement. The good thing is they are short episodes, easy to do here and there when not time for longer show (like Greyā€™s Anatomy - on Season 9). I am almost done with Season 1.

My daughter ā€œforcedā€ me to watch The Vampire Diaries. My reaction was as follows. Most of season one: This is a terrible show, why canā€™t I stop watching. Season 2: ok. I do kind of like it. Season 3. Oh my god, Iā€™m so embarrassed by how much I like this show. Season 4. Please donā€™t tell anyone I know that Iā€™m obsessed but could we please have an hour long discussion about the episode I just watched!

7 Likes

maya54 - thank you for saying that. my d23 is obsessed, maybe Iā€™ll consider watching with her sometime.

above, someone recommended Call My Agent - Iā€™m in season 2 and enjoying. :slight_smile:

4 Likes