Binge watched tv shows

I fell in love with the characters. I loved it. We just finished it completely this past week. :heart:

1 Like

Lodge 49
The Undoing (HBO)
Episodes
Dead to Me
Succession
The Flight Attendent
Longmire
Utopia
Flesh and Blood
Fleabag
Van der Valk
Shetland

1 Like

The Blacklist

1 Like

As my post above says Schitt’s creek got better in season 2 because Eugene Levy fully handed off the show to his son. Dan Levy has ( as his father will be the first to very proudly say) a much more sophisticated sense of humor and more creative and warm approach to story then Eugene does. Dan Levy turned a funny premise into a masterwork of warm witty character driven comedy.

oh we miss Longmire so much - such a great show and view Yellowstone as a sub replacement :wink: and you also reminded me how much we loved Episodes - funny, funny, funny.

3 Likes

I want to see “Yellowstone” badly but it’s not free even with Amazon Prime. Maybe someday. I don’t understand why.

Thank you!

HINT for UK shows (Broadchurch, Call the Midwife, The Crown etc) and other shows with hard-to-catch dialog - run it with SUBTITLES.

5 Likes

I loved Broadchurch. I love everything Olivia Colman is in. Fleabag and the Crown, also!

3 Likes

I love Longmire. We are currently watching Longmire, Outlander, and The Americans with our sons who have never seen them. We were going to watch Succession again, but it doesn’t seem to be free right now.

3 Likes

Yes, loved Longmire. Also liked Trapped.

2 Likes

The 50 Best TV Shows on Netflix Right Now

2 Likes

We watch ALL tv with subtitles. I’m a fast reader and just like it. But for British shows it’s especially helpful!

4 Likes

@dstark, in the pre-COVID era, I watched all of Broadchurch on transatlantic flights on BA. Also Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch. These were all first or business class seats so BA has not yet named a plane after me, but they know when I am flying. I’m not actually missing the flying that much, though some of it will need to start up again post-vaccination.

1 Like

Love Longmire. Not as good as Justified (my all time favorite and great writing) but still pretty good.

I also really enjoyed Yellowstone. It’s a cheesy soap opera with high production values (Downton Abbey West). What’s not to love. Beth and Rip forever. Taylor Sheridan has made some excellent movies (Sicario, Wind River) and his flavor on this show helps it rise above most cable offerings.

2 Likes

I just found “Longmire” too and I am really enjoying it. In so many shows, I can predict the dialogue as in “now that character will say thus and so”. “Longmire” is more unpredictable.

3 Likes

H and I both really enjoyed Lupin on Netflix. It is French/dubbed in English. Just beware. there is a cliffhanger ending. Part two will be coming later this year I think.

2 Likes

Since we’ve watched all the Montalbano episodes three times, a friend suggested another Italian detective show on Amazon Prime, Rocco Schiavone: Ice Cold Murders. It’s set in Northern Italy (Aosta)and it’s quite entertaining, with alpine scenery that’s like taking a vacation. Apparently it is based on a book series but I have not read them.

It’s leaving Prime at the end of the month so we are binging.

NJSue, you got Montalbano on Prime? In the past, the closest I could get was youtube pieces.

To get Montalbano, you have to subscribe to MHz, which is a Prime add-on. But Rocco Schiavone is still on regular Prime for the time being.

1 Like