Binge watched tv shows

i watched call my agent too based on this thread. I liked it -wished it didnt end! and i too started recognizing words from one year of HS french. Good Show!

2 Likes

I LOVED Friday Night Lights! So much more than football.

3 Likes

During the mid-season hiatus, I binged Season 16 of Greys, so now I feel I know the newer characters. The Spring premiere was this week, and I thought I was going crazy by not understanding what was happening, until I learned that the episode was part of a crossover with Station 19 - a show I have never seen. Super emotional episode.

On another note, since some of my regularly scheduled programming on 2 continents was preempted by the Harry and Meghan fiasco, I had some extra time and binged Ted Lasso. What a great show. Thanks for the recommendation.

Started watching The Sinner. I hope it gets better, since I am not loving it yet.

3 Likes

Sorry. Came to post about the new episode, of which I saw the first ~5mn, and was wondering the same thing (if there would be flashbacks, if the stabbing took place off camera, if it was a crossover
) Okay so I need to see Station 19 to understand what’s going on. Since we have few new shows on tv, I guess it’s not too strenuous.
I also intend on seeing the new Superman and Lois as parents show.

I did watch Station 19 after Grey’s. If pressed for time, you can FF through to just watch those scenes with the Grey’s characters.

I watch most of the DCU shows. While most jumped the shark long ago, I am highly enjoying Superman & Lois. For anyone into that genre, I highly recommend Stargirl as the best of the bunch.

Superman and Lous is technically an Arrowverse show (all grounded in DCU
but adhering to Arrowverse backstory) . Legends of Tomorrow is my personal favorite of that genre after Arrow but S+L is interesting so far. Stargirl is not from the Arrowvese.

Hence why I said DCU and not Arrowverse.

But it reminded me of another recommendation from the genre, albeit the MCU - I thoroughly enjoyed Wandavision.

what is Legends of Tomorrow about?

A group of superheroes and villains who have banded together to correct aberrations in the timeline.

When heroes alone are not enough
 the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?
CW Picks Up ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ As Hourlong Series, ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ & ‘Cordon’ – Deadline

“Lost” just went off on too many tangents for me to keep up. I would be looking at my husband going “whoa, wait, what?” all the time.

I loved the first couple of seasons of Lost. Some fascinating characters with complex histories. If only the show had fulfilled the promise of the mysteries they created.

3 Likes

Just started Billions this weekend. Always enjoyed shows with dark heroes/anti heroes like the Sopranos, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Here the protagonists are both brilliant flawed characters. The “woman in the middle”, wife of one and “performance coach/in-house psychiatrist” of the other adds a great element to the story. Dr. Wendy Rhoades has replaced Dr. Jennifer Melfi as my favorite small screen shrink. Writing is excellent with as an accurate portrayal of the hedge fund industry as you can do within the venue of entertainment. Cast is like an all star ensemble of highly regraded cable series including Band of Brothers, John Adams, Mad Men, Sons of Anarchy, The Americans, and Breaking Bad.

2 Likes

I recall bingeing it one summer about ten years ago. As I recall, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit far-out at times, but Daniel Dae-Kim made up of any deficiencies!

Last Tango in Halifax is a good, boring binge
I am presently enjoying Marcella, although it’s a bit challenging to follow, at times
Retribution on Netflix was really engaging with a huge twist!
Right now, I’m binging reckoning on Netflix - because I love Aden Young!

In case you haven’t noticed, much of my binging is dependent on the male lead!

1 Like

Just watched The One as did a couple of my friends. It ends in a way that makes a second season necessary- cliffhangers.

1 Like

I’ve been on a British crime kick and may never get to anything else because I love the locations and the acting is so good.

I highly recommend Unforgotten (on Amazon and mentioned several times on this thread). Wonderful performances from Nicola Walker, Sanjeev Bhaskar, and especially each season’s suspects.

I’d never heard of The Tunnel (Amazon), made several years ago. I loved the acting, especially the two leads, Stephen Dillane and Clemence Poesy. It’s an Odd Couple cop partnership story, elevated by remarkable performances. The plots are farfetched and the villains are on the ridiculous side, but I’m glad I watched.

I also liked Collateral (Netflix) with Carey Mulligan/Nicola Walker. I didn’t think Harlan Coben’s Safe (Netflix) was very successful, but I kept watching because Michael C. Hall’s accent was convincing and I liked the supporting cast.

I thought River (Amazon), about an aging cop who sees dead people, was just too implausible. I stuck with it because of Stellan Skarsgard, Nicola Walker again, and one of my favorite character actors, Adeel Akhtar.

3 Likes

I got dose 2 of my covid vaccine Saturday. Felt under the weather yesterday, so decided to start Ted Lasso. My S had recommended it a few months ago. I did 7 episodes yesterday and 3 episodes today. Pure delight - can’t wait for season 2!

8 Likes

Thank you! I never realized there was a time travel element to it (I love time travel), I think I confused it with other super heroes and episode trailers I saw here and there didn’t shed much light.

We really liked After Life. Agree, Ricky Gervais was really good in this.

4 Likes

My husband had cancer surgery about a month ago and we have been watching a lot of TV. We watched all of Breaking Bad (oh my goodness, so good) and we watched El Camino, the Jesse Pinkman epilogue (solid fan service). Now we are watching Better Call Saul.

I love TV shows that convey a sociologically accurate world. The Sopranos did this (I live in New Jersey and that is what it’s like in a certain milieu). Vince Gilligan, like David Chase, knows how to convey a world. We are only on season 3 of Better Call Saul but the class snobbery and delusion is expertly and viciously portrayed. BB was a tragedy and BCS is a comedy (Jimmy/“Saul” is a trickster character) but the common message is that people who are conned, want to be, because they’re greedy and can’t accept that something that appears to be too good to be true, is in fact too good to be true.

5 Likes

Another dark Jersey based show with complex characters is Boardwalk Empire.

2 Likes