Binge watched tv shows

thanks for those ideas sue. I just read your comments to my DH who loves sopranos and BB. walter white kept getting worse and worse. and he liked being bad.

1 Like

We DVR’d The Miniaturist from PBS this weekend and are re-watching it now. Only 3 1-hr episodes. If you’ve been to Amsterdam and wondered what it was like during its golden age (1600’s), this series offers a glimpse. Filmed in Leiden.

We saw this in 2018, the plot revolves around an opulent dollhouse. We made sure to see the dollhouses on display at the Rijksmuseum when we visited 5 months before COVID happened.
Unreal in their detail.

2 Likes

I loved this show! Too bad it was so few episodes.

I’ll have to watch “The Miniaturist” if I can find it. I spent forever at the doll houses at the Rijksmuseum. It was fascinating.

Off topic, but if you like dollhouses, check out the Thorne Miniature Rooms at the Art Institute in Chicago. Fantastic.

4 Likes

ok - those mini rooms are cool. what do you think the size scale is? My D just got admitted into the school of the art institute of chicago (grad school) - i will share this with her!

The article says 1:12 scale.

1 Like

According to the write up. 1:12. It was one of my favorite places to visit when we lived there - right after Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh, Seurat

5 Likes

We went to the Rijksmuseum in 2000 just to take a look at Rembrandt’s “Night Watch”. But there was also a temporary exhibit on the Dutch East India Company that had all kinds of miniature models of settlements the company had around the world. It was probably the most interesting museum exhibit I’d ever seen.

1 Like

Granted, getting off-topic, but it’s cool how the Rijksmuseum is set up. The second floor is basically a “masterpieces and treasures” galleries, containing the Vermeers, well-known paintings by Hals and other Dutch painters of the 1600’s, and of course Nightwatch.

If you have only an hour to spend there, you can see the “greatest hits” right there in those galleries.

1 Like

I recently read an interview with Stephen King that talked about the show Servant. Mr King sang its praises so I decided to try it out. Next thing I know we binged a whole season. It definitely weird and creepy, but that’s what I was expecting, so I’m calling it a win.

2 Likes

For those interested in The Sinner

1 Like

Pretty soon we’ll veer off into “binged museums”.

1 Like

Wish fulfillment if they’re closed due to covid. :joy:

We did have this:

1 Like

I’ve been a huge Stephen King fan since the 5th grade, thanks to your post, I signed up for a trial of Apple TV (a few other shows mentioned here can be found there too, I think I watched most of season one yesterday, it’s fabulous.

1 Like

Beartown. Finale on tomorrow night (only 5 episodes). Can’t wait!

1 Like

I thought I’d share an upcoming Netflix series I watched a trailer for - I think it is released April 1. Thought the “Dressing Young” Cc folks - and others! - might enjoy.

It’s called Worn Stories. Stories about how certain pieces of clothing have a story behind them or how clothing has literally changed people’s lives. I think it sounds really interesting. How stories CAN tell who you are, what you believe in, shape your life.

2 Likes

Late to the game but we finally finished The Good Place this week. It gave me warm fuzzies, realizations and sadness all at the same time! Really a good show with interesting perspective.

3 Likes

H and I started Jack Ryan on Amazon prime. We finished season 1 and have just started season 2. H really likes it and I’m actually enjoying the show more than I thought I would.

1 Like