Binge watched tv shows

Another fan of American Crime. Although I am enjoying this season, I thought the first season was a little stronger. It’s interesting watching the actors play very different roles in the 2 seasons.

This past week’s episode of “American Crime” included an amazing dance performance. This article explains the backstory:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/article/Dance-hits-prime-time-on-American-Crime-6799307.php

I

@LucieTheLakie American Crime is chilling yet satisfying. Eery and profound.

It was a beautiful dance performance. The only thing that bothered me was that Felicity Huffman’s character gave the impression that this was a peformance by her school’s students, which is ridiculous. I’m not sure that that was the intent but it certainly came across that way in her speech to the audience. Her character is so incredibly unlikeable. Ugh. I loved the scene with Timothy Hutton and Hope Davis. Such terrific acting!

I’d love to watch American Crime, but am frustrated that it would cost $2 per episode on Amazon Prime! Any way to see it free?

I have Hulu, and it looks like the first 5 episodes of this season are streaming there. But of course Hulu costs $7.99/month. Still cheaper than Amazon, but not free.

Oh wait, it looks like the first five episodes are streaming for free on the abc.com website. The first one expires in four days though.

@katliamom I’ll PM you the websites I use.

I knew CC folks would know what to do :slight_smile: Many thanks.

I’ve started watching season two of True Detective, but I’m sorely tempted to quit. I’m having a hard time keeping track of who is who and what is going on, partially because the whole thing so far has been shot in such low light that it’s hard to see most of the time.

Lucie, I’m current on Billions now and realize part of my fascination is that I really don’t get all the complexity. I end up re-watching, trying to comprehend more of it.

I thought that this had been posted but can’t find it now. Anyway, AMC is having a marathon of the Walking Dead season 6 episodes before the new one airs at 9:00 on Sunday. The marathon starts at noon. Have cleared space on my DVR so I can catch up next week!

I just caught up too, @lookingforward, and I totally get what you’re saying.

I’ve started to watch the show with the closed captioning on so I can comprehend what they’re talking about much of the time. It’s also a great way to find out who’s singing the soundtrack in any given episode. I thought that Andrew Bird song (“oh arm in arm we are the harmless sociopaths”) was a brilliant choice!

I haven’t thrown in the towel yet. I usually give a promising show at least half a dozen episodes before I call it quits, and I do feel it’s slowly starting to get on track–although the highlights for me this week were seeing actors from two of my favorite shows (Noah Emmerich of “The Americans” and Kerry Bishe from “Halt and Catch Fire.”).

@Consolation I thought season 2 of True Detective was worse than season 1. Even though DH and I stuck it out and watched the whole thing, I’m not sure I would recommend doing that. As you said, it was hard to follow, and the characters were generally unlikable. A really dark, depressing show.

@Consolation - unfortunately it doesn’t get any better…Everything that season 1 was, season 2 isn’t. Don’t feel badly about quitting, I’d like that time back.

Anybody watching Billions?

Yes, as was discussed a few posts above, @Snowdog . :slight_smile:

You can just put “billions” in the little search engine thingy below right (looks like magnifying glass) to catch up on the conversation. Curious what you think!

Scandal starts again tomorrow night. House of Cards, March 4.

I really didn’t like Damien Lewis so much on Homeland. But there are some shots of him in Billions where he’s quite handsome. I use the closed captions, too. But I really don’t understand some of the financial maneuvering, had to bone up on short stock.

Scandal starts again tomorrow night. House of Cards, March 4.

I really didn’t like Damien Lewis so much on Homeland. But there are some shots of him in Billions where he’s quite handsome. I use the closed captions, too. But I really don’t understand some of the financial maneuvering, had to bone up on short stock.

I loved Lewis in “Homeland,” but the best thing I’ve ever seen him in was “Wolf Hall,” with the brilliant Mark Rylance. Lewis plays Henry VIII! (http://www.watchepisodes1.com/wolf-hall)

I like a number of shows on BBC America, including “London Spy,” which I think finishes up in a couple weeks. You can watch it online here: http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes.

“Orphan Black” returns in a few months too (also available at that link). A really fun show and a brilliant performance by the lead actress who portrays myriad cloned sisters.

Just finished watching North and South, a BBC production available on Netflix. There are only four episodes and I wish there were more!