Binge watched tv shows

Just finished Madmen this past weekend. Most of the seasons had 13 episodes, so we erroneously thought the last season ended on episode 13, and thought “What the…” It definitely did not tie up any loose ends. But quickly discovered the extra episode 14, and it did have a fun ending. Make sure to finish :wink:

2 Likes

I still like Upstairs Downstairs better than Downton Abbey. I would rather be buttled by Mr. Hudson than Mr. Carson. And eat Mrs. Bridges’ meals, and have Rose maid me.

2 Likes

I got through first season of Manifest but found it too tedious to continue.

3 Likes

Watched the first two episodes of Lupin, and we’re hooked. Will definitely watch the remaining 8 episodes. Netflix has ordered another set of episodes.

We are watching it with the dubbed English. The voice-over actors have American accents which feels a little strange, but OK.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying Hacks on HBO. The comedy writing is exceptional. Jean Smart plays an aging Vegas comedian. It’s really worth a watch!

10 Likes

I finished Season 2 Lupin last night. After being underwhelmed by the first episode, I liked the rest of it a lot–more like what it was Season 1. Be interested to see where they go now in a possible Season 3.

2 Likes

I watched to a point and then said “oh for cripe’s sake” and turned it off. LOL.

1 Like

i just finished lupin too. it reminds me of a cross between ocean’s 11 and the fugitive. I like how he’s a “gentleman’s burglar.” so many loopholes, and hard to believe situations - but i’m still looking forward to another season.

3 Likes

Yes–like many shows, once you suspend belief, the show is enjoyable.

2 Likes

Just finished the last season of The Kominsky Method on Netflix. It was wrapped up pretty well, but I’m still sorry it’s over. I enjoyed Kathleen Turner as Roz, and she played so well against Michael Douglas. It didn’t hurt that much of the music was from my era, too.

6 Likes

Background: I have become a fan of soccer over the last year. Watched a lot of English Premier league and am enjoying Euro 2020 right now.

I just started a series on Netflix called Sunderland Til I Die. It follows the Sunderland AFC soccer team after it was relegated out of the Premier League in 2018. Sunderland is a city of about 150,000 people way up north near Newcastle. It is very blue collar and the jobs economy has not been good. The city lives and dies with the soccer team and to say the team has problems is an understatement. Fascinating to watch all the behind the scenes stuff. 2 seasons, 16 episodes total.

For the unfamilar, the worst teams in every English soccer league get relegated–dropped down a level. Imagine the New York Jets being sent to the Canadian Football League because they stink, and the top CFL team being added to the NFL! There are 11 levels, at least, of pro soccer in England. Fascinating stuff.

5 Likes

What services/subscriptions do you recommend for accessing the EU/UK games?

I’ve been watching the Euro 2020 games on ESPN. They mention every 10 minutes that all the games are streaming on the ESPN app.

The English Premier League is covered by a combination of NBC, NBC Sports Channel, and Peacock. We get Peacock free as part of our cable package, so there is no additional outlay.

Next month there will be Olympic soccer, of course.

1 Like

We are watching Manifest. It is okay, good enough to keep watching but it does drag sometimes.

1 Like

We gave it a try last week but the heavy handed religious tint was a huge turn off for my kids so we shelved it pretty quickly.

1 Like

Yeah, so far we are just ignoring that.

1 Like

Sorry if it’s already been posted.
The next (and last) season of Bosch is coming out tomorrow.
My husband and I plan to start our binge watching ASAP and will probably be done by the end of the weekend.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reminder. I’m a big fan of Michael Connelly’s books.

We are big Michael Connelly fans also. I don’t think the show is as good as the books, but during COVID we had lots of free time.

1 Like

Totally agree that the books are better. I would not even normally suggest the show, but it’s summer, so new programming pickings are pretty slim.

And I incorrectly assumed the new season was 10 episodes, like the last 6, but it is only 8.

1 Like