Binge watched tv shows

Thanks for posting the info on the last season. I definitely liked the book better than the movies. Also, Titus Welliver, actor who plays Bosch, doesn’t look at all like I pictured Bosch.

Same. But then I also never envisioned Alex Cross looking like Morgan Freeman. :grin:

1 Like

D2 has been over to dinner 3 nights this week and after dinner she had us start watching Ginny and Georgia on Nexflix. So far I am enjoying it.

1 Like

Morgan Freeman is a little old for Alex Cross, but a younger Freeman would be perfect.

Have not watched Bosch, but I enjoy the books. In a reverse of the usual trend I enjoyed the film series of “Shetland” way more than the books.

1 Like

I mentioned a few days ago that I had begun watching Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix, following an English soccer team the season after they were relegated out of the Premier League to a lower division.

I think it should be subtitled “The Spinal Tap of English Soccer”. Just when you think things can’t get worse for these guys…it does.

1 Like

Better late than never…we just started watching The Sopranos.

3 Likes

I agree. Not sure who I think would look more like him though.

I think Titus Welliver is perfect as Bosch, but it helps that I never read the books! :smiley:

3 Likes

I watched the Sopranos recently; finished about a month ago. I really, really liked it.

2 Likes

Yeah, Titus Welliver really doesn’t look like the way Michael Connelly described Bosch. I might give it a try sometime, though. We are watching Mare of Easttown right now. So good.

3 Likes

That’s why I had to stop watching after series 1, which I really did enjoy. My husband watched through to the end (of course, he follows English football and knew pretty much where Sunderland stood anyway).

I watched the first four seasons of ‘The Affair’, and fell in love with the Dr., swoon! I stopped watching after the first episode or two of the fifth season

a) I don’t like Anna Paquin
b) the futuristic were just too distracting and annoying

ETA: I just started watching Black Narcissus. It’s a bit slow so far, I’ll watch another episode or two and see if I get into it.

Undercover (Dutch Netflix production) is very good

Yes that doctor was something!

We watched Ginny and Georgia for a while. It was interesting but I felt maybe too old and prudish to be watching some of the scenes.

We are enjoying Offspring on Netflix as well as Lillihammer!

My daughter and I have been watching Russian Doll and Derry Girls and loving both of them! Obviously two very different shows but both have made us laugh out loud on multiple occasions.

3 Likes

We are really enjoying C.B Strike on HBO Max. Mini-series based on four of the books by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) about Cormoran Strike and his assistant, Robin.

From their press: “Strike is a war war veteran turned London private eye. Although Strike is wounded both physically and psychologically, his instincts prove crucial as he tries to solve complex cases that have baffled the police.”

My daughters and I read the books and are enjoying the shows. My husband never read the books and is equally engaged.

2 Likes

H and I have watched the first two episodes of Lupin. We are hooked!

3 Likes

We just finished Lupin. Loved it!

3 Likes