Binge watched tv shows

after you watch all the seasons of Durrells in Corfu, check out the What the Durrells Did Next… It was very interesting! ( I THINK it’s on PBS???)

“the definitive true story behind one of the best-loved families in TV drama, The Durrells, and see how Corfu shaped the personalities and ambitions of each Durrell. It’s an outlandish story of expeditions, fame, heartbreak and a zoo”

2 Likes

We loved The Durrells of Corfu. The family was so fun and the scenery was beautiful.

2 Likes

Bad Blood on Netflix.

Bad Blood lasted 2 seasons. The first season is inspired by real life events. Takes place in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

The second season is fiction.

I see “The Durrells” on Amazon Prime … same show?

More Grantchester and Baptiste – hooray!

It is the same Durrells on Amazon prime.

1 Like

I’m watching Castle Rock on Hulu. It is not my typical kind of show but it has all of us sitting and watching an episode or two in the evenings; that’s good enough for me!

1 Like

Never have I ever has returned!

3 Likes

We started Durrells last night and will probably keep watching. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

There is a several episode series in cnn on the history of sitcoms. It’s excellent.

YES—I have the DVR recording those whenever they pop up. Lots of fun reliving younger days.

Just binged “ Start Up” the South Korean tv show on Netflix. If you like rom/com, which morphed into more of a family drama/ love story, this one might be for you.
Subtitles. Shed some tears, during some moving segments, actually more than some, and that’s why I’m recommending, this one.

We are rationing our last episodes of “The Bureau,” the French intelligence show on Sundance. Season 1 was a bit slow to grab me, mostly because we had long gaps between episodes and I’d forget the plot in between. Once we started watching more regularly, I was riveted – the characters are so compelling and the plot fascinating.

1 Like

We just finished watching season 1 of Professor T, which is on Prime. When it first aired in the US, the series was on PBS. It’s a Belgian series (subtitles) about a criminology professor (he is OCD and brilliant) who starts work as a consultant to the Antwerp homicide department. We are really enjoying it. There are three seasons in total.

Also, for fans of Succession, I just read that Season 3 will be released this Fall.

3 Likes

A new version of Professor T is airing locally Sunday nights on PBS, right after Unforgotten. This one takes place in Cambridge, England

1 Like

I just finished binging The Cook of Castamar on Netflix. It’s a 18th century period costume drama based on a Spanish novel and originally aired in Spain. It was filmed in Spanish but voiced over in English; I watched with subtitles anyway.

Obvious villains and heroes and heroines, and great sets and costumes. Plus a fair amount of cooking! (I gather the novel has actual recipes.) It’s not scintillating drama, and some of the plot lines are fairly obvious, but still quite enjoyable.

To me, it had the feel of evening soaps such as Dallas (the original, not the remake).

2 Likes

Netflix is an amazing service. “Commercial” TV certainly complies with the Truth in Labeling laws.

Season 2 of Ted Lasso premieres tomorrow.

9 Likes

We are going to wait until all episodes of Ted Lasso have aired so we can binge at that time.

6 Likes

So when they release the Lasso season it’s one episode at a time?

I just got a free year of Apple TV with my iPad so now I can watch the first season!

3 Likes