Binge watched tv shows

I would be interested in knowing if you feel the same way at the end of the series, @MADad.

1 Like

I just heard this today on a podcast!

1 Like

Watching Season 2 of Outer Banks. It is definitely very predictable, but it keeps our interest.

3 Likes

Without being too spoilery, I remained ambivalent about him.

I wonā€™t argue with your assessment, but I found him to be redeeming in one way that made me want to root for him and to see whether his character could get it together beyond this season.

We just started season 6 of Line of Duty. I think season 5 is the best so far, but all have been quite good. There is a character/actor from season 1 that I was astonished to see pop up at the end of season 5. I do wonder what the ratio of bad cops to good cops is!

1 Like

Just watched The Chair in two nights. We both really liked it. Good script and acting.

3 Likes

I really liked Unforgotten about solving long ago murders with bodies only recently found. Itā€™s British. 4 seasons. A little slow at times, but good.

All you MASH fans if youā€™re ever in Calabasas, California head to Malibu Creek State Park. Thereā€™s a hike you can take to the old MASH set. The sets are gone but you can see the hills from the opening sequence and the helicopter landing pad.

2 Likes

Am bingeing The Expanse. Unlike most SciFi, the characters are quite good, and the science can be interesting. Averasaala started out amazingly, but they have her swearing too much, almost like they feel they have to because itā€™s not cable. Still she is a bigger than life personality, with an incredible, deep voice, and a wardrobe that is stunning. Amos started out as just some muscly side character, and now is my favā€¦ he somehow makes a psychopathic/sociopathic personality moving, and funny. Rummer is growing on me, as is Bobbi(a 6ā€™ Maori actress). Cast is incredibly diverse.
Oh, and there is a thread on Redditt about ā€œannoying Naomiā€. :grinning:

Still look in on Letterkenny. Have to be in the mood. Irreverant, juvenile, thoughtful, profane, insightful, disgusting, violent, wise. Itā€™s like nothing else Iā€™ve ever seen. My parents were probably Degens from Upcountry, not 10 ply city types, so thereā€™s that. Having Squirrelly Dan quote Professor Trish about ā€œHomophobixā€ is not to be missed, as is the ā€œchirpingā€ of the Newfie hockey players, and Wayneā€™s epic fight scenes.

Still look in on old episodes of Silicon Valley with S2. Some types I can do without, but Russ Hanneman, Guilfoyle and Danesh have us howling.

Kaminsky Method isnā€™t the same without Alan Arkin.

Am waiting for another season of Russian Doll. Am curious to see what they have done with it.

Have lost hope that Sherlock Holmes will ever be back. Cumberbatch is brilliant, as is Mrs. Hudson, Mycroft, among others. Strangely, the villains are the ones who are least interesting.

Watched Big Timber on Netflix. Probably have more interest than most, because I lived on Vancouver Island for a while, knew a few loggers, and have done similar work in the past. Liked it.

2 Likes

Itā€™s really a master class in screen writing. Often, I feel as if there were two American episodes in one Line of Duty episode. No need to state or restate points, they trust the viewers (and probbaly know thereā€™s a whole community of clue finders who will rewatch-- itā€™s apparently the most rewatched tv show in the UK).
Lots of little details that were background make sense as you go - thereā€™s no throw away action or line, it pops up. Seeing Steve and Kate become good at their jobs is also neat.
Season 6 deals with ā€œgroomingā€.

1 Like

I thought they did a pretty good job of finishing it off. Packed a lot into each episode. Michael Douglas was a busy guy.

1 Like

The actress who played Mrs. Hudson the landlady on Sherlock just recently passed away.

Oh, no! She was wonderful playing cameos on some show with Ricky Gervais, also. So natural.

1 Like

The show that has recently really fallen apart is ā€œGrace and Frankieā€. At first it was funny, but now it is tired and forced. And thereā€™s an actress who plays one of the daughters that I just cannot stand. Not Brooklyn Decker, the other one.

June Diane Raphael

I actually really like the show, although I will grant you that Season 7 has not been my favorite. Although, to be fair, they have only released 4 episodes of the planned 16, since production was shut down due to COVID. Which considering that all 4 leads are over 80, was the right thing to do.

Iā€™ll agree, I havenā€™t been as interested in G&F as I was in prior seasons.

I finished the new season of Virgin River and am perplexed. I liked it after the first season. The season, a bit less. The third- Blah. I hate when that happens.

2 Likes

I am watching Cook of Castamar as well. I have lived in Spain several years and am watching in Spanish. Love the show; however, I canā€™t stand Ameliaā€™s accent. I googled her and she says she was born in Madrid but she definitely doesnā€™t have a Madrid accent (more Southern Spain and I lived there as well). Her accent bothers me so much and she barely opens her mouth when she talks- drives me nuts. I guess I am not alone because when I googled her and read comments in her interviews- the majority think the same.

We started watching Nine Perfect Strangers last night on Hulu. So far Iā€™m not very impressed with it after the first two episodes. I did like the book by Liane Moriarty.

Iā€™m watching Cook of Castamar in Spanish also and couldnā€™t agree more. I put on the Spanish subtitles and usually donā€™t read them, but when she is speaking, I automatically look down at them. And her little laugh is so annoying - but then again that fits in with her character.

1 Like

I wondered if anyone had talked about Nine Perfect Strangers here. I was going to start it tonight. I thought it was at least a 4/5 book.

1 Like