Binge watched tv shows

I’m not enjoying the new season of “After Life” as much as the first two seasons. I’m not a prude but this is too coarse for me and not as funny.

I forgot about Cobra Kai! I love it so much.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying about the coarseness, but if you can look past that and stick through it to the end, keep the tissues handy.

Any Sci-fi TV show fans here? i usually am not at all but hubby likes to watch some sci-fi shows, at times, of dubious quality :smile:

However, I recently read good reviews of a new sci-fi comedy drama called Resident Alien so we decided to watch it. We like it a great deal.

The lead actor, Alan Tudyk, is perfect in the role of an alien. The story is typical but light-hearted. We laughed out loud many times.

Be forewarned, swear words were used in every episodes but not excessively. It has been good entertainment for us. We just finished Season 1 and Season 2 is starting on Jan 26.

Thought some of you may want to give it a try.

It is on Sy-Fy channel.

2 Likes

I am watching Sex and the city sequel, And Just Like That. I like it because it deals with a lot of issues I could relay to. It’s not as much of fluff.
I finished Succession few weeks ago because of all the hype. I wasn’t impressed.

1 Like

Gotta say, I’m not loving it. Kim Cattrall dodged a bullet here. Did they learn nothing from the movie sequel?

Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte are now the same age as Dorothy, Rose, and Blanche on the first season of The Golden Girls.

I liked Glee, at least the first couple of seasons, but I don’t want to see them collecting social security.

1 Like

Ok, I am just going to say that you are not the same age as me. You shouldn’t like what I like. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just saying, I liked SATC, but they should have left well enough alone. SJP could have always done a non-Carrie Bradshaw show about women in their 50’s, and that would have been fine.

I just started bingeing The Forsyte Saga with Damian Lewis. I love it!

1 Like

I’m watching And Just like That too. It is not nearly as good as SATC, but I will finish watching the season. I don’t know that I would watch a second season of it.

My world is getting me down and I to need watch something where I’ll laugh out loud. We binge watched Schitt’s Creek last year and I loved it. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Have you watched Grace and Frankie ? My sister and I like both shows for silly distraction TV.

4 Likes

Hacks, with Jean Smart. Funny and well written.

6 Likes

I love Resident Alien 🖖 It’s hilarious, Tudyk is 100% believable as a ‘supremacist’ alien, the relentless pesky kids are awesome, the dark twist/humor keeps it from getting too sweet, and (for a person who’d never thought about it till relatively recently 😳) I like how Native people are not invisible in a story that takes place on or near Native land.

3 Likes

Just finished watching Hacks yesterday. Loved it! Did you all know that the young actress, Hannah Einbinder, is Laraine Newman’s daughter?

Yes, those two kids are amazing actor and actress. The teasing dialogs between the bartender and her buddy was crude but outrageously hilarious.

I’ve noticed diversity of characters, too. I hope more people here give it a try. I never thought I would like a sci-fi show (besides Star Trek many moons ago).

People who enjoy a show like Derry Girls, would probably be entertained by this show.

1 Like

Just watched the short Netflix series based on the book “Anxious People.” I had liked the book a lot, and thought they did a good job adjusting it for television. My H had not read the book, and also liked it a lot. Would recommend.

I like Emily in Paris. I also like reading books that could be described as “chick lit” every once and a while. It’s similar to me.

Half way through Season 3 of After Life and not impressed so far. Maybe because I recently watched Derek and the same actor plays basically the same supporting character on both series and I think his character isn’t needed on either show. It could use more Penelope Wilton.

Another excellent British copper show on Amazon Prime - Scott and Bailey - think of it like a British Cagney and Lacey with stronger story telling. 2 seasons with 8 episodes each and we made it through Season 1 quickly.

1 Like

Don’t know if Queer Eye has been talked about on this thread. (Netflix) I watched the few seasons previously and then for whatever reason missed a season or two.

I’m not watching the most recent season (6?) out of Austin, Texas - gosh, 3 episodes in and it is such a JOY to watch, hear the stories, see not only the physical transformation of people and their homes BUT to see relationships changed, eyes opened to ways people live, etc.

These 5 guys may put a good act on for the camera but they are so easy to fall in love with. They enter some pretty crummy situations (the 3rd episode of this season a man is living in a dump of an old storage container) but they dive in.

I find myself, laughing, crying and learning each episode.

5 Likes