Binge watched tv shows

Dear lord, Ozark makes me just anxious as heck. I want to crawl out of my own skin.

5 Likes

We didnā€™t realize there is a second half to season 4 coming later. We finished what we thought was the finale going WHAT?! NO!!! Lol

We have two more episodes to go. I have to be in the right mood to watch one.

I tried watching Bosch a couple of times, and couldnā€™t get past the first 10-15 minutes. Just seemed to be yet another series about a jaded, world weary cop, and I couldnā€™t have cared less. S2 and I finally decided to give it another try. We got past the first 15 minutes, and are now on E5. We are completely and utterly hooked. The lead is good, and believable, but what sets this show apart is the quality of the supporting actors. Not a false note to be found. Whoever is directing/casting/writing those shows knows what they are doing.

6 Likes

Itā€™s ) got all the tropes, but itā€™s so well done. We havenā€™t started the final season yet, but will soon.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think these seven episodes of Ozark were as well done as season three. I like the nephewā€™s part but itā€™s getting out of hand with what seem like a bunch of deer just wandering around.

Just finished the 7 episodes from the latest season of Ozark. I thought the acting was really good. I never saw our dog (who sits on the couch with us and usually ignores the shows) get the look of fear in her face.

1 Like

Anyone watching Somebody, Somewhere on HBO? I binged the first four episodes and then found out itā€™s a current show with new episodes on Sunday nights. Iā€™m enjoying the characters.

1 Like

I thought Star Trek Discovery was bad, until I watched ā€œBook of Boba Fett.ā€ Ugh! It apparently is so bad, Disney allegedly had to shoehorn episodes of The Mandalorian to save the show. I guess theyā€™re trying to make us forget about Boba Fett as we cheer on Grogu! Seriously Disney, if your show sucks, just tell us it sucks and cancel the show. Or just air it with a disclaimer that says ā€œit sucksā€ so we donā€™t have to be let down.

1 Like

Saw this article this morning about this ā€œfull sizeā€ Jack Reacher.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/04/entertainment/reacher-review/index.html

4 Likes

Iā€™m watching Somebody Somewhere as well - have ties to Kansas, although I donā€™t live there currently. I am really enjoying it. My H doesnā€™t care for it - he thinks itā€™s ā€œboringā€.

1 Like

Popping on! Thanks for the recommendation on As We See It! I loved Parenthood, so looking forward to this.

1 Like

Mrs. Maisel is back on Friday. Only releasing 2 episodes per week.

7 Likes

Found Girl/Haji on rotten tomatoes 2022 updated list of Netflix shows. BBC British/Japanese crime mystery that is oddly artsy. Very different. Only one season. We really like it so far.

1 Like

Inventing Anna kept me interested but I had a tough time getting past Julia Garnerā€™s accent for the Anna role. She just seemed to me like Ruth Langmore in a wig. Even Ruthā€™s accent crept in now and then. But according to those who know, thatā€™s pretty much what Anna Delvey actually sounds like.

It must be the season for scammer shows, because after I finished binging Anna, I watched The Tinder Swindler.What a creep he is, and heā€™s still out there on the loose!

The accent is bothersome to us also. But, I have to remind myself that she is Russian faking an only German accent. I read Julia visited Anna in prison, so thereā€™s that.

It is weird, but if its accurate I suppose Iā€™m ok with it. The mannerisms around her mouth are often very Ruth Langmore like!

2 Likes

I just watched a limited interview with the real Anna and also read how Julia had a difficult time replicating it. Basically the real Anna was constantly trying to be a different person and even added an American flair when she was imitating Gossip Girls. Apparently the accent by Americans was described as sort of generic European and by Europeans as American.

1 Like

On Britbox, for Father Brown fans, the spinoff Sister Boniface Mysteries drops 2 episodes per week. Itā€™s even more lowbrow than Father Brown, if thatā€™s possible. But still fun.

2 Likes

For something more highbrow, and for fans of Ben Whishaw (A Very English Scandal) is This Is Going to Hurt, a seven-parter based on the book of the same name. But it looks like it is not yet available in the US. Hopefully soon.