Binge watched tv shows

My parents met in the Catskills - at Grossingers - so I also enjoyed that part.

3 Likes

We love Friday Night Lights and have rewatched it three times. Lol! Every couple years, when weā€™ve exhausted the new streaming shows, we return to Dillon TX.

4 Likes

I love Mrs. Maisel and I donā€™t care that the kids are not front and center all the time. There has been a lot of talk ABOUT them (where should they go to school in a routine, calling to say good night when she was in Vegas and learning they were in bed since it as 1 am, birthday parties sheā€™s missing).

What Iā€™m missing this year are the big numbers. The USO show, the Catskills Simon Says, the water ballet in Miami. Maybe itā€™s Covid and they canā€™t have that many people on set now, but I miss her walking through the garment district, doing the telethon. Iā€™m all about the clothes.

I cried at the finale last year.

4 Likes

Definitely was not saying they should be front and center, but okay.

Just finished the first season of Emily in Paris. Not life-changing but cute and easy to watch. Love seeing Paris again ā€¦if only on TV.

4 Likes

Re-scheduled birthday parties! Lots of kids in that first episode ā€“ like the two harassing Abe at Coney Island. I personally like Susie and Joelā€™s girlfriend - as characters and the acting. As itā€™s done by the same couple behind the Gilmore Girls, which I only just watched about five years ago, itā€™s not surprising that thereā€™s not a whole lot of plot and most of the characters are over the top and/or fairly annoying. That seems to be their style. I mostly watch it for the clothing and the details from the time and place.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think much of the plot or characters in Emily in Paris but oh the costumes and locations (and music). Eye candy.

4 Likes

Outlander tonight! Last night, we watched the last episode of season 5 to refresh our memory. Sad that this season is only eight episodes, though.

3 Likes

No spoilers, but because others commented here not in favor of the new season of Maisel, I had to chime in that Iā€™m 4 episodes in or so and am really enjoying it! Still getting my fix of the early 60ā€™s scenes, decor, clothing etc.

Donā€™t be deterred - give it a watch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I finished episode 6 of Maisel and am just waiting for the final two episodes to drop this Friday. I am enjoying them too. No spoilers, so this might be kind of cryptic for those who havenā€™t watched, but I think I had an issue with the first few episodes because it seemed that she didnā€™t acknowledge that she was at fault for what happened at the end of last season and seem to put all the blame and resentment on other(s) instead of herself. But the show ends up addressing that in one of the later episodes. I think that there is so much chemistry because her and the actor who plays Lenny Bruce, more so then between many of the romantic leads in lots of other shows that I can think of. And Joel is really growing on me too, he is ending up to be not such a bad guy. I was not a huge fan of her doctor beau and am now anxiously waiting for the other special guest star this season to show up and wonder if he will be her new romantic interest.

2 Likes

Somebody Feed Phil, yes he is goofy, but itā€™s an interesting season wiht uplifting messages, of unity and good people everywhere

3 Likes

I liked Maisel episodes 5-6 better than 1-4. Seems to be hitting itā€™s stride, with I guess 2 more episodes to go.

Putting in a plug for Abbott Elementary on ABC if you like sitcoms. Cute, funny, positive outlook about teachers in an elementary school in Philadelphia. Based on the lead actress/creatorā€™s experiences and those of her mother who was a longtime teacher.

4 Likes

Shoot, I just saw this. I hope the first episode is on demand!

I think those are the reasons itā€™s so popular because otherwise itā€™s pretty lame. Also, the French actress is great,

1 Like

If not, the first episode is on their YouTube channel

Iā€™m almost done with Bosch and have really enjoyed it. I personally donā€™t care much for the political plots, but I can tolerate those scenes because the rest of the show is so good.

I read most of the books years ago, and like the actor they chose for Bosch, but I think heā€™s a little nerdy looking with kind of weird mannerisms, especially the head tilt. Takes away from the tough guy image. And talking head tilt, Irvā€™s is non existent! He has the stiffest posture Iā€™ve ever seen!

2 Likes

He was like that on The Wire, too. He suffered a back injury years ago. Perhaps his posture and gait is a result.

2 Likes

We are rebinging Kimā€™s Convenience with our D22 and when sheā€™s not around weā€™ve been watching British crime dramas, currently Happy Valley and Strike. HV is really good but a wee bit bleak for me. Great acting, though. I am really enjoying Strike, but I think my husband likes HV better.

Really enjoyed Kimā€™s Convenience. We have co-opted ā€œsneak attackā€!

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t it J. Edgar (Jamie Hector) who was on The Wire? Or both him and Irv Irving (Lance Reddick)? I didnā€™t watch The Wire, but I did google the cast of Bosch.